vince ayres profile photo

does anyone on here own time share at Anfi Gran Canaria?

Freebasing vince ayres

Posted

I have owned a weeks time share at the Anfi resort in Gran Canaria since about 2002 and i now  wish to dispose of it. I have been contacted by various companies that tell me my timeshare is now null and void due to a Spanish high court decision and that they say they can get me my money back plus compensation! The problem is they want me to shell out about a grand upfront to go towards legal expenses and i'm not happy with this having already been had over for thousands when buying the timeshare in the first instance. My question is this, has anyone on here used one of these companies and been successful? Any help would be most grateful.

Cheers

Vince

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've never owned now nor am I likely to.

This sounds like a scam to me.  Cold calling along similar lines of people knocking your door asking if you want your drive tarmaced.

Most watchdogs say if you have to pay upfront it's a scam.

These are only my thoughts on it, could be wrong.

soul source url
Posted

Vince,

I bought timeshare in Tenerife circa 1985/6 at a cost of over £4000! Hard to believe but I never really made much use of it and about 15 years later I sold it privately,for £200!!  I had wasted my time with 3 resale companies,which wiped out the eventual £200 I received and came to the conclusion that timeshare was something you couldn’t give away.This,of course,was about 20 years ago and things on the timeshare front might be slightly different now,better or worse,I don’t really know.What I can say is please don’t take any investment advice from me but rest assured,timeshare resale,especially with money up front,is a complete no no!!

Hope this reply finds you well,Vince,

Regards,Clive(Austin).

soul source url
Posted

A veritable plethora of information on this subject online.

Definitely scamming for your hard earned.

Try typing shark alley - timesharetalk,or mindtimeshare.

Went on a "promotional" week to Tenerife a few years ago.Some of the techniques were very slick and I suppose the marketing people are always thinking of ways to get your cash!

As Phil Lynott once said-"Don`t believe a word"

soul source url
Posted
16 minutes ago, crogger said:

Vince,

I bought timeshare in Tenerife circa 1985/6 at a cost of over £4000! Hard to believe but I never really made much use of it and about 15 years later I sold it privately,for £200!!  I had wasted my time with 3 resale companies,which wiped out the eventual £200 I received and came to the conclusion that timeshare was something you couldn’t give away.This,of course,was about 20 years ago and things on the timeshare front might be slightly different now,better or worse,I don’t really know.What I can say is please don’t take any investment advice from me but rest assured,timeshare resale,especially with money up front,is a complete no no!!

Hope this reply finds you well,Vince,

Regards,Clive(Austin).

Hi Clive, hope you're well too! To be honest despite the fact it cost £15k i'd be happy to give it away as it's the continuing maintenance fees they get you on every year, that said i have had 5 star accommodation and fabulous holidays for the last 17 years. The problem is that because they want their maintenance fees (i think it's around £800 now) it's a contract that's difficult to get out of so you can't simply hand the keys back! the last company that got in touch with me said that could get all my money back plus about £10k compensation! I said that would be great  but i will not front any money but did say that if they done it on a no win no fee basis i would be prepared to give them 80% of the take and guess what they declined, odd really because they assured me they have never lost a case against Anfi or similar time share companies!

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.