Value please - Drizabone Pressure 7" version

Julianb

23 minutes ago, Gogz said:

TENNER

I assume you are saying that for a laugh, perhaps Julian should have explained which release

If it is the 7" with picture sleeve, I would say between £45 and £55 depending on condition

12" is little value

4 hours ago, Julianb said:

Hi

Can you help with this value please

Original on 4th and Broadway with picture sleeve EX condition.

I've been told it's back in demand but I've been given wildly varying valuations.

TIA

Julian

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

It has sold for up to £100 in recent months on discogs (NM), the last sale was just under £45 (Vg+).

2019-05-30Near Mint (NM or M-)Very Good Plus (VG+)£44.64€49.00

Comments: Sleeve has faint sticker residue and a dent on one corner otherwise mint.

2019-05-24Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£80.00£80.00

Comments: Fantastic Copy - You Can Pick Up From Our Shop In Upminister Essex

2019-05-01Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£99.99£99.99

Comments: Excellent Condition - Has good sheen with a couple of lite marks (About 7 or 8 out of 10) A nice original UK issue from 1994 with clean labels. Comes in nice clean picture sleeve (design as per photo) - 90's Modern Soul dancer which became a huge Northern Soul spin - Rare UK 45

2019-02-05Very Good Plus (VG+)Very Good Plus (VG+)£59.95£59.95

Comments: Record has light scuffs/marks, plays fine with a little bit of crackle in a couple of spots on the a-side. Sleeve has general wear heavier on the open end, a little creasing.

2019-01-15Mint (M)Mint (M)£90.00£90.00

2018-10-24Very Good Plus (VG+)Generic£50.00£50.00

Comments: NO PICTURE SLEEVE

2018-09-10Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£68.33€75.00

Comments: 100% Free from writing, stickers etc.! Record EX, few surfacial hairlines

2018-08-13Very Good Plus (VG+)Very Good Plus (VG+)£85.00£85.00

Comments: Record and labels in excellent condition throughout and comes with picture sleeve.

2018-07-18Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£50.00£50.00

Comments: STUNNING CONDITION

2018-04-19Very Good Plus (VG+)Very Good Plus (VG+)£50.00£50.0

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

It has sold for up to £100 in recent months on discogs (NM), the last sale was just under £45 (Vg+).

2019-05-30Near Mint (NM or M-)Very Good Plus (VG+)£44.64€49.00

Comments: Sleeve has faint sticker residue and a dent on one corner otherwise mint.

2019-05-24Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£80.00£80.00

Comments: Fantastic Copy - You Can Pick Up From Our Shop In Upminister Essex

2019-05-01Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£99.99£99.99

Comments: Excellent Condition - Has good sheen with a couple of lite marks (About 7 or 8 out of 10) A nice original UK issue from 1994 with clean labels. Comes in nice clean picture sleeve (design as per photo) - 90's Modern Soul dancer which became a huge Northern Soul spin - Rare UK 45

2019-02-05Very Good Plus (VG+)Very Good Plus (VG+)£59.95£59.95

Comments: Record has light scuffs/marks, plays fine with a little bit of crackle in a couple of spots on the a-side. Sleeve has general wear heavier on the open end, a little creasing.

2019-01-15Mint (M)Mint (M)£90.00£90.00

2018-10-24Very Good Plus (VG+)Generic£50.00£50.00

Comments: NO PICTURE SLEEVE

2018-09-10Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£68.33€75.00

Comments: 100% Free from writing, stickers etc.! Record EX, few surfacial hairlines

2018-08-13Very Good Plus (VG+)Very Good Plus (VG+)£85.00£85.00

Comments: Record and labels in excellent condition throughout and comes with picture sleeve.

2018-07-18Near Mint (NM or M-)Near Mint (NM or M-)£50.00£50.00

Comments: STUNNING CONDITION

2018-04-19Very Good Plus (VG+)Very Good Plus (VG+)£50.00£50.0

Blimey that's good stuff, course I guess there might be postage cost discrepancies depending on where the sellers lived and the delivery destinations to take into account for final cost which is why these variations are not really that helpful in the scheme of things, I wish these sites would include shipping costs in the actual prices to get a true average as they do actually know.

I recently bought (and cancelled an £11 single on Discogs) as the guy claimed he was doing business in the UK (according to his profile) and the shipping was £8) I bought one later for £14 + £2.50 shipping

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Blimey that's good stuff, course I guess there might be postage cost discrepancies depending on where the sellers lived and the delivery destinations to take into account for final cost which is why these variations are not really that helpful in the scheme of things

That's the selling price, postage doesn't come into it, that is what the record actually sold for. country of origin.  It is probably, after an individual record list and a dealers website the most helpful and accurate price indicator.  Popsike would be bottom of the pile. 

Postage is a necessary evil regardless of its point of sale.  Popsike, soul source, facebook, the sales are all world wide, just because the postage may be higher from one country doesn't make the record worth any less.  Given that the record was a UK release I would hazard a guess most of these are UK sales, the £99 even says the shop is in Essex.

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

Just now, Chalky said:

That's the selling price, postage doesn't come into it, that is what the record actually sold for. country of ori It's probably after an individual record list and a dealers website the most helpful and accurate price indicator.  Postage is a necessary evil regardless of its point of sale.  Given that the record was a UK release I would hazard a guess most of these are UK sales, the £99 even says the shop is in Essex.

I get that just saying that's all that it should in the figures for us with kids to feed 😭 

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I get that just saying that's all that it should in the figures for us with kids to feed 😭 

The prices above would suggest an increase in demand with the price rising from around £50 up to £99 with three recent sales over £80.  The higher price would also reflect the condition as well don't you think?

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 5 months later...
Guest Shufflin

it's the 7" with the radio edit cut that is the high value one, all others are (mostly) still cheap but only the 45 has that edit from what I can see

Social source share

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Chalky said:

Considering it reached 33 on our charts I would say considerably more than 10,000

Wonder if that included 12 inch sales, I'd say at that time that s would have sold more on that format, I bought on a 12 the time, and I honestly was interested in 7 inch singles at that point. I exect it's more common on a 12. I don't have a 7, never seen it at car boots ect, but I'm not trying to big it's rarity, tis common as Corona.

Edited by Geeselad
Social source share

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

Considering it reached 33 on our charts I would say considerably more than 10,000

I wonder, working in a mainstream record shop at the time, if you were registered for chart sales you literally got 100's of singles given to you every week. Tihings like this were never full price to customers either, usually 99p in attempts to get them to sell. The whole industry in the 90's was seriously currupt. Sol I wouldn't treat any chart as an accurate record of real sales. Brian Adams, no 1 for all those weeks, yet you never see it in a charity shop, odd that. 😁

Social source share

1 hour ago, Geeselad said:

I wonder, working in a mainstream record shop at the time, if you were registered for chart sales you literally got 100's of singles given to you every week. Tihings like this were never full price to customers either, usually 99p in attempts to get them to sell. The whole industry in the 90's was seriously currupt. Sol I wouldn't treat any chart as an accurate record of real sales. Brian Adams, no 1 for all those weeks, yet you never see it in a charity shop, odd that. 😁

I bought mine as  new release from my local independent record shop at the time. They stocked just about every genre and had 7" 45's dating back years on their shelves (you could find the odd British collectors piece), but I had to order Driza as it wasn't in stock. I remember it getting popular very quickly, so I guess some of the sales were driven by various music scenes as I know mates who were into disco, garage, Jazz funk etc buying it also.

Social source share

3 hours ago, Geeselad said:

The 7 was everywhere, as Drew said in our local shops.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Interesting...I've had a few of the Drizabone 7" (not Bryan Adams!) out of charity shops around London over the years. Before seeing this, I'm not sure it is something I'd still have bothered to pick up in recent times as I'd assumed it was low value these days.

(Then again, my knees can't take looking through records in most charities these days anyway..Why do they always put them on the floor?)

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 31/03/2020 at 15:18, Geeselad said:

Have you ever looked for a Bryan Adams in a charity shop? If yes WHY? 🤪

Just in case you are still looking there are 726 for sale on discogs. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!