I Get The Sweetest Feeling - different version

40 minutes ago, Chalky said:

What Lp is it on? I don’t know an Lp by the Sugar Lumps?

Sorry, I should have said it's on a various artists thing a bit like the California Raisons thing

I'll get it recorded so you can listen, I really like it as a cover version

Just now, Kenb said:

do you mean The Sugar Lumps on Uptown 'Won't You Help Me'? are they on LP somewhere?

It's UK and a made up name and please be patient with me as I am trying to research it

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

From Wikipedia 

A cover version was recorded by Aretha Franklin's sister Erma Franklin in 1970 as the B-side to a pair of Jackie Wilson songs (A-side: Whispers (Gettin' Louder)) and was part of a 1986 NME Northern soulcompilation cassette, Feet Start Dancing.

is it this one or another ?

Edited by Dylan
Social source share

14 minutes ago, Dylan said:

From Wikipedia 

A cover version was recorded by Aretha Franklin's sister Erma Franklin in 1970 as the B-side to a pair of Jackie Wilson songs (A-side: Whispers (Gettin' Louder)) and was part of a 1986 NME Northern soulcompilation cassette, Feet Start Dancing.

is it this one or another ?

I can 100% assure you it's different version from a sort of novelty LP

There is also a very very nice version of Sweet Illusion (Junior Campbell)

22 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Is Sugar Lumps the group or the name of the compilation?

Group

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I can 100% assure you it's different version from a sort of novelty LP

There is also a very very nice version of Sweet Illusion (Junior Campbell)

Group

Sounds like the Spice Girls piss take group on comic relief in the 90s featuring French And Saunders and Kathy Burke .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

Sounds like the Spice Girls piss take group on comic relief in the 90s featuring French And Saunders and Kathy Burke .

Ha

13 minutes ago, Kenb said:

well if its's UK...The Chants covered Sweetest Feeling. which included Eddie Amoo (Chris's brother of The Real Thing).

Great shout, but not that version

Social source share

There are half a dozen or so different "unknown artist" LP's from that time that contain anonymous covers of the track in question , guess it could be from any one of them , shan't list them all as they're easy enough to find on Discogs.

Would be interesting to know who some of the cover artists were though , they can't all have been unknown singers. 

Social source share

32 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

There are half a dozen or so different "unknown artist" LP's from that time that contain anonymous covers of the track in question , guess it could be from any one of them , shan't list them all as they're easy enough to find on Discogs.

Would be interesting to know who some of the cover artists were though , they can't all have been unknown singers. 

Believe me there is no way of finding out or I would have done, they must have been called in to perform these tunes and were NEVER credited and this LP never has been on Discogs

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!