chas profile photo

Methamphetamine and Mr Hitler.

Freebasing chas

Posted

World War Speed: The Drugs that Won WWII: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0007zd5 via @bbciplayer  Good documentary on the what the German army really marched on. 

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
35 minutes ago, chas said:

World War Speed: The Drugs that Won WWII: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0007zd5 via @bbciplayer  Good documentary on the what the German army really marched on. 

The US air force also used to give pilots Speed when flying combat missions to raise their awareness of attack (supposedly). I think they were still doing this in recent missions.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

USAF still hands them out like Smarties and me old chap was given them along with the rest of the lads wallowing about on boats waiting to be shipped out during the Suez Crisis in '56 , thankfully he was disembarked before getting sent out there and spent his last year of N.S. back in Germany with his trusty Scammels ... :)

Luckily he never took any so was unable to recognise the sympoms his dear little boy displayed some 24 years later .... :shades:

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted

I was reading an article on this last week that said it was more prevalent in allied forces particularly British pilots. Will see if o can find it and post. 

soul source url
Posted

More than likely all the services in WW2 supplied amphetamines, navy ,army and airforce. I read somewhere that many of the civilian population in the German Cities especially places like Berlin were taking Pervitin on a regular basis to get through the day, especially after a heavy bombing. I believe most of the supply to the Japanese forces were in liquid form in ampoules. At the end of the war they dumped millions of them into the sea.

soul source url
Posted

Benzedrine where the main tablets used according to the tv program .. Made them aggressive apparently 🤩

soul source url
Posted

Hiya, drug use for battle, hunting etc goes back centuries. ' beserkers'   !! Makes you wonder what's out there now ? Only caught part of the programme and was interesting to see amphetamine in survival kits to keep awake to stave off hypothermia, obviously worked because the Wigan vest passed the test, I'll get me coat. (If needed) cheers

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Barbs and morphine drug of choice for them, Eva   Braun was a massive addict, well you’d have to be to turn a blind eye 

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.