CantCant CanCan profile photo

buying a record on dis**** not as easy as it looks

Freebasing CantCant CanCan

Posted (edited)

having made an order on discogs I was told  I wasn't invoiced  but given 24 hours to choose more records from their not so fabulaous catalogue.  I haven't dealt with the seller before, but it reeks of hard sell. . I  have ordered  what i want to order, and am uneasy bout this hard sell of items I have no interest in . .  I even considered cancelling the order. Any views? 

Edited by CantCant CanCan

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

I don't really get it. Did you make an offer or did you order for price stated?

soul source url
Posted

I placed my order.  The message  I got was ''We aren't taking payment for the item you ordered so you can for the next 24 hours '' buy more if you want to, with a discount on records over a tenner that are under offer''. So I wont get my record until I decide or not that I want more records off the company. If that makes sense. 

soul source url
Posted

Benji I was given an option of buying more records inside 24 hours records where I could make an offer.

soul source url
Posted

send a message saying you note that they refuse to take your payment and consider order cancelled, then leave feedback on your experience to help others

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Wasn’t Resolution Records was it at all?? If it is they will process your sale but are giving you the chance to buy others at a reduced rate.

I ordered from them the other week and they did post quite quickly however the grading was nothing like m- as advertised but was more like vg/vg+ at best but when I complained did resolve very quickly to be fair. I may have just been unlucky as their feedback is good.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

thats them Richard Im expecting a minter so well see Shufflin 

soul source url
Posted

I’ve got another situation again with a shop in the States where they had a couple of £25 records saying m- and they would have been really cheap including the postage if they were the right grading but they are barely g condition so expensive by the time you factor in the post cost.

Trying to get a refund including postage as I wouldn’t have ordered if knew they were trashed 😡

soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, Richard said:

Wasn’t Resolution Records was it at all?? If it is they will process your sale but are giving you the chance to buy others at a reduced rate.

I ordered from them the other week and they did post quite quickly however the grading was nothing like m- as advertised but was more like vg/vg+ at best but when I complained did resolve very quickly to be fair. I may have just been unlucky as their feedback is good.

I had the same experience, sorted quickly but made me a bit wary of future purchases 

soul source url
Posted
22 hours ago, CantCant CanCan said:

I placed my order.  The message  I got was ''We aren't taking payment for the item you ordered so you can for the next 24 hours '' buy more if you want to, with a discount on records over a tenner that are under offer''. So I wont get my record until I decide or not that I want more records off the company. If that makes sense. 

I don't see what the big deal is here. Pay for the record you want and just tell them you don't want any more records discount or not.    

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Chris Turnbull said:

I had the same experience, sorted quickly but made me a bit wary of future purchases 

They offering me to keep the record and give me back 25% so I asked them when does m- to vg equal 25% off 🙄

As said though got resolved pretty quickly in the end 👍

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Kegsy said:

I don't see what the big deal is here.

imagine other online dealers trying this on next time you order something.

soul source url
Posted

To be honest it’s not a bad deal if they have something else you want and as long as the condition is as stated 🤣

They do post your order the next working day 

soul source url
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

imagine other online dealers trying this on next time you order something.

I don't get it, all they are doing is offering you a discount on the rest of their stuff. They are not refusing your purchase either way, have they said you can't have your purchase UNLESS you order something else ?. Whether the record conditions are accurate is a totally separate matter. 

Edited by Kegsy

soul source url
Posted

I think the crux of the matter is CantCant CanCan misunderstood the offer and I must admit I read it the same way when they sent the message to me and had to re read it 👍

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

just for my sanity - does the

'We aren't taking payment for the item you ordered so you can for the next 24 hours '' buy more if you want to, with a discount on records over a tenner that are under offer''

mean a delay in processing order/shipment? sorry to be thick, not ordered from them before

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Yes by 24 hours then they send what you ordered 👍

They don’t mean you have to buy more, only if you want to 🙂

Edited by Richard
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Seems reasonable.

I make it perfectly clear to my customers on here that I will delay any orders unless I can pop round, watch a bit of TV and have a bath.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Do you pop round with the record or do you still want postage costs!? 

soul source url
Posted

Depends if it's a Tuesday, John.

soul source url
Posted

I’m intrigued, what happens on a Tuesday???

soul source url
Posted

I have to make secret plans for next Tuesday so don't tell anyone.

soul source url
Posted

🤫

soul source url
Posted
On 05/09/2019 at 17:44, Modernsoulsucks said:
On 05/09/2019 at 16:13, Richard said:

I’m intrigued, what happens on a Tuesday???

I have to make secret plans for next Tuesday so don't tell anyone.

Bath night Rod ?

Cheeze Paul

On 05/09/2019 at 17:44, Modernsoulsucks said:

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.