tclegg profile photo

Interviewees wanted

Posted

Hi

My name is Tess and I am studying geography in my final year at King’s College London. 

I'm looking for anyone who might be up for being interviewed as a part of my dissertation research, which is focusing on how the participation and interactions within the Northern Soul scene were (and are!) influenced by certain social and political backgrounds. Ideally, I'd like to compare the scene when it began with the scene today, to look at how and why Northern Soul still manages to attract new and existing crowds. 

I would be extremely grateful if anyone is interested (or knows anyone that might be) in participating! Interviews will be short and can be conducted online, over the phone or in person (if you live in Lancashire/ London), fitting around your schedule. If you have any further questions my email is tess.clegg@kcl.ac.uk. 

Thanks a lot!! 

Tess :) 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Met Tess this evening and spent half an hour answering some pretty straight forward questions about the old days, and more recent times, on the the northern scene.

Tess desperately needs some more support from us with her research as finding anecdotal evidence is proving a bit challenging.

If there are any kind hearted soulies who can help this young lass out in her final year at uni with a bit of their time, please get in touch with Tess. She'd really appreciate any assistance.  Tess is completely kosher and a pleasure to have met, so please don't hesitate to step forward if you possibly can. 😊👍🏼✊🏼

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

H: I saw this post while browsing for some info on a music label I am researching. If Tess is still around and wants to interview someone who really knows his stuff I can put her in touch with Steve Bellamy the author of the Sheffield Esquire - Mojo articles that so many like here. I met him a few times last year on unrelated matters. He's available on Skype and is just as funny and interesting as his articles. Let me know and I'll set it up. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'm sure Tess will be interested to hear from you.  Please do e-mail her at:

On 04/09/2019 at 11:25, tclegg said:

tess.clegg@kcl.ac.uk

Great! 😁

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I guess she doesn't use this site much as I messaged her weeks ago.

Share this forum post

soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Interviewees Wanted
    All About the SOUL by Guest lizzythomas on Sun 05 Feb 2012
    • 6 / 1223
    • wiganelli on 18 Feb 2012

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.