Expensive Tunes with Very Cheap UK Issues

Jnixon

I've been asked by my daughter to find out some info about this kind of thing. 

She's bought a copy of Landslide on the UK Chess imprint for a few quid, realised it's expensive and that I buy originals (although not northern). 

I am hoping to give her some similar things of quality and cheapness so any help is much appreciate ( I know nothing about Northern, I don't mind admitting).

PS - Her gran is a Motown expert, so no need to step own her toes with suggestions from that label or subs. 

Thanks very much in advance. 

J

Edited by Jnixon
Social source share

On 04/09/2019 at 21:59, Tomangoes said:

If it's knowledge you would like to give your daughter, ask this guy about his charity hard drive. About 25000 soul tracks for less than a penny a track.

<edited>

Ed

What’s a charity hard drive? Genuine question - although my guess is a load of unlicensed tracks. I’m not crusading here - just never heard that term before.

However if it turns out to be someone selling stuff they don’t own on the basis that “it’s for charity” that would  be hilarious. I really hope I’ve got the wrong end of the stick! 

Social source share

On 04/09/2019 at 21:59, Tomangoes said:

If it's knowledge you would like to give your daughter, ask this guy about his charity hard drive. About 25000 soul tracks for less than a penny a track.

<edited>

Ed

Bootleg hard drive you mean?  No matter how it is dressed up he doesn’t have the rights to sell those tracks. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!