Donna King

Speedlimit

7 hours ago, Speedlimit said:

Always been a hard tune to get but £2500 wtf get real people. Great record  but is it really worth that much. 

If you go back to the 80s,you could easily obtain a copy of Maurice Williams for £5 whilst a copy of Donna King,if you could find one,would cost £20. So pro rata may be 2k would be about right. Chris. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

As already mentioned.  Always been a really tough one. Think I've only ever seen one in a sales box in 44 years of going nighters and that was back in the 80,s. Can't remember what the price was though.  Something in my my head is saying £80 could be totally wrong 

Even the boots of this have disappeared 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

1 hour ago, Wheelsville1 said:

Whilst reading the description of Donna King on j. Manships site,he credits the lyrics to  Roger Washington.Is it more likely to be Raymond Washington(aka guitar ray)as he had several releases of his own on Hot Line. Chris. 

discogs has it down as Raymond Washington if you follow the links

Social source share

On 06/09/2019 at 19:25, Winsford Soul said:

As already mentioned.  Always been a really tough one. Think I've only ever seen one in a sales box in 44 years of going nighters and that was back in the 80,s. Can't remember what the price was though.  Something in my my head is saying £80 could be totally wrong 

Even the boots of this have disappeared 

Steve 

I saw one in a sales box about 15 years ago and the guy had it down as a boot for a tenner. I couldn`t help myself from telling him it was an original and worth a lot more.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!