Flaky Discogs Sellers..

Joesoap

Been having a bit of trouble with sellers on Discogs, of late. Usually where I've found something a bit cheap and /or good but relatively unknown and then the seller tells me its out of stock (later re-listing for higher price), or starts quibbling about / revising their description of condition or simply takes the money and doesn't send the record or respond to messages. Had a glut of this over the last month or so and it's a pain in the arse. So was just wondering if I have just been unfortunate or whether others have experienced an increase in flaky business from sellers?

(PS. One cheapo with an amazing, unknown b-side, I've tried to buy 4 times and there's always some excuse once I order it why it isn't available!😂)

Edited by Joesoap
Social source share

6 hours ago, Joesoap said:

Been having a bit of trouble with sellers on Discogs, of late. Usually where I've found something a bit cheap and /or good but relatively unknown and then the seller tells me its out of stock (later re-listing for higher price), or starts quibbling about / revising their description of condition or simply takes the money and doesn't send the record or respond to messages. Had a glut of this over the last month or so and it's a pain in the arse. So was just wondering if I have just been unfortunate or whether others have experienced an increase in flaky business from sellers?

(PS. One cheapo with an amazing, unknown b-side, I've tried to buy 4 times and there's always some excuse once I order it why it isn't available!😂)

Most sellers I have come across are "Head and Shoulders" (other hair treatments are available) good sellers

There is a forum on Discogs for these issues and I suggest you make your comments to that forum, rather than this one, or report your problem as I have found it really useful, if you buy a faulty car from Ford it's no good complaining to Vauxhall 😀

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

99% of the time all ok but had a couple recently that have been graded m- but look like have been cleaned using a brillo pad 😡

I had that problem a bit when first using Discogs , but easily solved, I now get them to confirm the condition in detail, when the order has been placed or ask them first before ordering and problem solved

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Just read the sellers feedback. You usually get a good indication from that if they grade properly. I haven’t had one problem with any seller and I have bought quite a bit through there.  One of the best places to buy, especially LPs. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!