News: Top $ Results EBay Soul 45 Auctions - August 2019

Mike

A pop record comes top then in value.

Seriously, I cannot believe some of the values, they are ludicrous. Constellations, Kelly & Soul Explosions, Brenda Jones.....FFS ! These are not rare records and even accounting for demand its really beyond any form of sanity. The Scorpion on SBP...that appears regularly on Ebay on one particular dealers auctions, so how many have they got ?

Where will it end or will it ever end ?

Social source share

10 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Stanley Mitchell was cracked.

Yes a small crack on the outer edge of the record but it didn't affect play, I cursed it coming up for sale at the time Frankie as I had a Dynamo issue copy on it's way from America which was in Good plus condition and I was worried I would be sending it back even though the seller told me it played through without skips just a few pops and crackles, and to be fair he was true to his word. 

20190907_082312.jpg

Social source share

32 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Yes a small crack on the outer edge of the record but it didn't affect play, I cursed it coming up for sale at the time Frankie as I had a Dynamo issue copy on it's way from America which was in Good plus condition and I was worried I would be sending it back even though the seller told me it played through without skips just a few pops and crackles, and to be fair he was true to his word. 

20190907_082312.jpg

Rotten bad luck. You did well to spot the issue though. When I get records that skip, I play them on an old 60’s or 70’s portable player a few times as this can remove blockages on worn copies.

I’m on the lookout for an upgrade for my DJ copy so I looked closely at the one for sale. I put a low bid on it knowing it would go for more. My heart sunk when I saw it was flawed.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!