Sunlovers - never make the grade

Mal C

5 minutes ago, Robbk said:

I saw a lot of MGM promotional copies of "Move On Love", and only a handful of store stockers over the years (none of those in L.A.).  I didn't by the Mutt-Jeff "Move On love" by Charles Perry, because I hadn't heard it yet, and it was priced $1.00.  I couldn't afford to by every unheard R&B/Soul label record I saw at $1.00 when I was 19, I had to be selective, and mostly wait for records to reach the thrift and junk shops, or the bargain bins in the record shops, where I got boxes full for average 5¢ apiece, or 10¢, or 10 for $1.00 at Woolworth's, or 5 or 3 for $1.00, or free choice of ANY from the bargain bins after helping carry record boxes from the delivery trucks.  I was attending university, and working a part-time job that didn't pay much.  I didn't sell duplicates.  I only swapped them with other collectors for records I didn't have.

I relate to all of that as well...

Social source share

On 09/09/2019 at 19:58, The Yank said:

Another one for the list. Flip side is 

"Johnny's Gone To Vietnam" -

Cal.jpg

Why we focused on the 1965 to 1967 run's of the Mutt-Jeff and Mutt & Jeff constellations in stellar link with Breakthrough was because of the criss-crossing of the consecutive releases. This in regard of the MJ releases from 16 to 19.

Cal Green 'stormy' Mutt & Jeff (20) dates May/June 1969 and celebrate the resurgence of the label after almost 2 years of sleep. Likely the Sunlover's  MJ (21) and Cal Green MJ (22) date also from 1969 like Cal Green LP on Mutt & Jeff.

Social source share

6 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Why we focused on the 1965 to 1967 run's of the Mutt-Jeff and Mutt & Jeff constellations in stellar link with Breakthrough was because of the criss-crossing of the consecutive releases.

I guess you didn't read the post from another member that said they were going to try to list the remaining Mutt and Jeff releases over the weekend.

I was just trying to help. Sorry you found this so offensive ! 

Green.jpg

Rap.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, The Yank said:

I guess you didn't read the post from another member that said they were going to try to list the remaining Mutt and Jeff releases over the weekend.

I was just trying to help. Sorry you found this so offensive !

No offense taken or given if I ever did. So sorry if I sounded so... Just "shortening" on the OP.  And the MJ discography goes on beyond 1980 afterward.

6 hours ago, Shufflin said:

helped me, I went and bought the record so thanks!

Good one !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!