Most valuable soul CDs

Johndelve

• Replies 28
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Was told a Larry Levine Paradise Garage double Cd , is worth some money...  although I can see some cheap ones on discogs..,

I was lucky the agency I worked at the time was speaking to the label to do a license deal for images and our rep gave me a ton of product from them for free... :/) good cd as well...

B119776B-2944-4CBB-9F17-1E3576D65EE1.jpeg

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

Ivan Matias ‎– Sweetest Hangover, £100 plus (I guess 'cos of having Somebody Knows How You Feel on it)

(the Expansion LP the track later appeared on goes for similar money)

Soulutions - Destiny (Japanese import) cd costs about £50 in mint condition, left mine sealed

will have to take a look at my cd collection as never thought about this really, like others I've got free cd's from soul events and promo soul cd's 

Social source share

I think that's the Goldmine CD 'this is Northern Soul' (GSCD 14)  where track 2 is The Imaginations-Strange Neighbourhood instead of the listed track 2, Connie Clark -My Sugar Baby,which then follows on track 3,putting the whole track listing out of joint(apart from track 1)which is quite annoying,as you have to remember that if you want to listen to, say,Frank Dell (track 18) you have to actually skip to track 19 and so on

Edited by Michael V
Typographical error
Social source share

1 hour ago, Michael V said:

I think that's the Goldmine CD 'this is Northern Soul' (GSCD 14)  where track 2 is The Imaginations-Strange Neighbourhood instead of the listed track 2, Connie Clark -My Sugar Baby,which then follows on track 3,putting the whole track listing out of joint(apart from track 1)which is quite annoying,as you have to remember that if you want to listen to, say,Frank Dell (track 18) you have to actually skip to track 19 and so on

Yeah there is that one and one of the Hot Wax ones as an extra track on, not sure which one without checking. 

It's maybe 20 plus years since l played it, but l think it's Hot Wax three.  

Edited by davetay
Social source share

This might be what you're thinking of:

image.png.7be7bb09083e057bd320faff2995849e.png

It was released in 2004 on US Hip-O label, sold out quickly and went for stupid money. It was re-released in 2012 and fetches more reasonable sums.

The 2 earlier Hip-O compilations of Motown solo LPs with b sides and unreleased tracks are now in 3 figures, with volume 1 harder to find:

image.png.4f1499ece4b1c287fc0802ba947f558b.pngimage.png.c876512ed564ec826b8de0147c4d8a5b.png

Social source share

5 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

This might be what you're thinking of:

image.png.7be7bb09083e057bd320faff2995849e.png

It was released in 2004 on US Hip-O label, sold out quickly and went for stupid money. It was re-released in 2012 and fetches more reasonable sums.

The 2 earlier Hip-O compilations of Motown solo LPs with b sides and unreleased tracks are now in 3 figures, with volume 1 harder to find:

image.png.4f1499ece4b1c287fc0802ba947f558b.pngimage.png.c876512ed564ec826b8de0147c4d8a5b.png

That’s the one, thanks for the info 👍

Social source share

On 08/09/2019 at 21:18, Michael V said:

Erk!  I've only ever listened to that in the car, and I've never noticed.

I feel such a fool.

Social source share

i have this cd on penpad  with bonus tracks .sure it isn't  japanese with picture cover.just dug it out its a canadian import must be quite rare i remember going to voices and Rod dear love said there isn't many about on cd because the emphasis was vinyl , might sell this seeing i have lp as well?

Edited by fuzzj
Social source share

18 hours ago, fuzzj said:

i have this cd on penpad  with bonus tracks .sure it isn't  japanese with picture cover.just dug it out its a canadian import must be quite rare i remember going to voices and Rod dear love said there isn't many about on cd because the emphasis was vinyl , might sell this seeing i have lp as well?

My mate has the Canadian issue which he got from Sam himself when he was interviewed on the Ray Rose show on Marcher. Apparently Sam's wife had brought several copies over in her handbag. 

Social source share

It's interesting to see how the ultra-affordable Backbeats titles that came out on cd about 10 years ago have fared. A few of those titles covering the rare soul end of things have become very hard to find or much less affordable. For instance this is nowhere on Discogs but there's a copy for 50 quid at Northern Soul Direct:

image.png.dba06be2fe6b42a47f2e506058582a59.png

Some of the French bootleg cds from 10-15 years ago ("Magnetik Soul") are also going for silly prices - this one for over 40 quid on Discogs and a good bit more on Amazon:

image.png.c76154a4a5264e129e0f1e98667e010a.png

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!