Holly St James - her career beginnings

Kenb

I was searching for something recently and came across info on Holly St James i've never seen before!( i.e. not the stuff on You Tube, etc) how she started, real name, etc.

I did a quick search and found You Tube vids with notes with a little bit of bio stuff ( Italian, Lorraine, and a picture (which i also have)... SO....

I don't want to put it up on here (and feel foolish) if the Soul Source readers already have this info.

Please JUST PM me  if you want me to post it up.

Edited by Kenb
meaning
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

This is weird, as I was looking over the weekend at the "lack" of info (same minds eh)

The only thing I could find was "white female who was born in the Philly suburbs in the late 40s". At one stage I thought she could be Lorraine Le Fevre of Jan & Lorraine who recorded on ABC, but according to those sources they hailed from Detroit so another dead end

I would love to know 😁

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

46 minutes ago, Kenb said:

I’ll post up this evening.

i had always assumed “what i have on her” was known... but now I think it isn’t.

It's amazing how many artists still have no profiles, but I guess as they were sometimes ignored in the USA and generally played in the UK so that we are the ones who mainly bother to find out or at least ask the questions (rather than just how much is the plastic worth !!!)

I did that with Carol Anderson to name one of a few

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

TBH - i'm reluctant to post. I wonder if her mystery should remain?

i'm not trying to be enigmatic either - it's just a page of interesting stuff i have, and nothing dubious that would cause any embarrassment...it's just that she, and maybe others that must know this story ( e.g. Richard Searling certainly knows she's Italian, a grandmother, christened Lorraine) may want to keep it that way. I'll have to think about it a bit more

Social source share

26 minutes ago, Kenb said:

TBH - i'm reluctant to post. I wonder if her mystery should remain?

i'm not trying to be enigmatic either - it's just a page of interesting stuff i have, and nothing dubious that would cause any embarrassment...it's just that she, and maybe others that must know this story ( e.g. Richard Searling certainly knows she's Italian, a grandmother, christened Lorraine) may want to keep it that way. I'll have to think about it a bit more

It's up to you, but she deserves to be recognised for her work IMHO. After all Richard has been recognised for his, hasn't he ?

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

The YouTube video has comments that are years old, is this video now the first time it contains a picture a woman reputed to be Holly St James / Lorraine?  She's a very pretty woman, nearly as as beautiful as a scan of an ABC issue copy would be

hsj.jpg

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

If you found it on the internet then it is already out there so why not just post?Richard Searling I think gave details about her a wee while ago, think he was in touch with her.  

The details Richard may have ( or at least the details covered in his book Setting The Record Straight)...are not as comprehensive as those i have.

OK, then, I'll post it.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I should probably have said 1st release was Waiting for My Friend(the issue of That’s Not Love has not been seen). 

Rita Tushingham & Lynn Redgrave release was 1967.

Holly St James release Jan 1968. 45-11042

Edited by Kenb
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!