Articles: 6TS 40th Anniversary All-Nighter - The Spirit of 6TS

Hats off to the Hundred.

Loved the times I've been there. The sticky dancefloor from the beer I've spilt is a self inflicted ball ache.....a

40 years is amazing. 

Not many "locations" can beat that.

Leeds central is one, at least for soul nights, and a remarkably similar atmosphere.

Cleethorpes Pier is still standing....and maybe one day the cafe gets replaced once again by a dancefloor.

Long live the Hundred.

Have a great night tomorrow.

Ed

Social source share

12 hours ago, Chalky said:

Congratulations Ady and everyone concerned.  Some achievement which I doubt will ever be matched and rightly so.  Very few clubs have done for the scene what the 100 Club has done and most never will.

True words indeed Chalky ... I think the 100 Club has gone above and beyond any other club

Happy 40th guys

Andy

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Congratulations & Thanks Ady & Randy RIP  40 years who would have thought it at the Bedford Head (was that the name?) all those years ago.

Sadly my all nighter years are behind me, just can't stay awake but had so so many brilliant nights there 👍 😃 & even had the honour of a few punters night guest spots back in the 80s 😃

Social source share

Congratulations Ady , and all the 6T's crew .. still going or those we lost.(RIP)  Its been a long time since Ive been down there following my move up North but I have such great fond memories particularly of the 100 Club and West Hampstead in the  1980's. It was a treat to have such a club on our door step in London , ( We still travelled North but it was an option not a requirement .) Ive long been a fan of small clubs, which capture the vibe of the early scene, and 6T's delivered  on a lot of fronts. Location, integrity , no big feuds , diversity , continuity, Kent Records , and of course the music . You can be very proud of this milestone and you've left me and others with great memories. 

Keep the Faith. 

Social source share

Nothing really to add to what's already been said, Ady's passion, commitment and dedication is in a league of it's own, I never missed for the first 20 years or so, had the honour to DJ there many times and you can't put into words what it feels like to stand on that stage it's simply magical, let's not forget the wonderful Anniversary 45's another unique aspect of the 100 Club legacy.

20190925_103018.jpg

20190925_102941.jpg

20190902_173920.jpg

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!