Stolen Hours, New Year New Venue. 20th January 2007

Well the new venue is booked, its at the end of the East Pier in Ramsgate Marina. 360 degree sea views either across to France and Sandwich or back across the old town of Ramsgate. Yes it will be January and it might be a bit fresh but its a great venue with a full wooden floor and a bar across one end. Maps are on the website and on the flyers section of this site.

So far as the details go, doors 7.30 for 8pm with the price being £3 for members and £4 for non members. Everybody gets a free CD and the kicking out time is 1am.

The new venue is being tried out this time round as the Sir Stanley is undergoing a refurb still. It may be that we are back there March or it might be we run at the new venue so thoughts on it are welcome after the night. You never know we may run both at different times or different nights.

The confirmed line up so far is Myself and Kevin Kent with John Alden in the main guest slot, flyers on here and other sites and of course www.soul-smugglers-inc.co.uk . Others will be confirmed this week once I have got my lazy arse in gear and hit the phones to check out were everyone is.

Hope you all had a good christmas and New Year and I look forward to seeing many old and lots of new faces on the 20th. cheers Mark SSI

PS members will be recieving a newsletter if they havent already got it. Look out for the special entrance deal.

Edited by hold tight
  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to this one Mark.

Thinking about staying the night; can you recommend anywhere?

Cheers,

Martin & Toni.

UNDER THE BOARDWALK !! WHO'S ON IT SOUNDS TOP !!!!!!!! ACTUALLY IT DUNNA MATTER I'M SURE IT'LL BE TOP SOUNDS AND A BLOODY GOOD SHIN-DIG..GOOD LUCK AND BIG LUV.. CnC :thumbsup:

UNDER THE BOARDWALK !! WHO'S ON IT SOUNDS TOP !!!!!!!! ACTUALLY IT DUNNA MATTER I'M SURE IT'LL BE TOP SOUNDS AND A BLOODY GOOD SHIN-DIG..GOOD LUCK AND BIG LUV.. CnC :rolleyes:

cheers, South coasters at this one, John Alden, Simon Penfold, Loz plus the usual of Me and KevinKent with likely one more to be confirmed at the most.No london names this time but maybe later in the year.

cheers, South coasters at this one, John Alden, Simon Penfold, Loz plus the usual of Me and KevinKent with likely one more to be confirmed at the most.No london names this time but maybe later in the year.

Confirmed today is Paul Schembri who will be joining us on the decks for one of the open slots with Loz and Simon.

Guest Bearsy

Confirmed today is Paul Schembri who will be joining us on the decks for one of the open slots with Loz and Simon.

Good choice Mark,

Paul is a bloody nice bloke and not too bad a DJ either, it will be good to see him again as he has been a busy boy moving home and working hard fighting them fires :thumbsup:

Well the new venue is booked, its at the end of the East Pier in Ramsgate Marina. 360 degree sea views either across to France and Sandwich or back across the old town of Ramsgate. Yes it will be January and it might be a bit fresh but its a great venue with a full wooden floor and a bar across one end. Maps are on the website and on the flyers section of this site.

So far as the details go, doors 7.30 for 8pm with the price being £3 for members and £4 for non members. Everybody gets a free CD and the kicking out time is 1am.

The new venue is being tried out this time round as the Sir Stanley is undergoing a refurb still. It may be that we are back there March or it might be we run at the new venue so thoughts on it are welcome after the night. You never know we may run both at different times or different nights.

The confirmed line up so far is Myself and Kevin Kent with John Alden in the main guest slot, flyers on here and other sites and of course www.soul-smugglers-inc.co.uk . Others will be confirmed this week once I have got my lazy arse in gear and hit the phones to check out were everyone is.

Hope you all had a good christmas and New Year and I look forward to seeing many old and lots of new faces on the 20th. cheers Mark SSI

PS members will be recieving a newsletter if they havent already got it. Look out for the special entrance deal.

Yep, looking forward to this one - hence the shameless bump! rolleyes.gif

Working on stuff to play, looking to meet the demand for top oldies but adding an imaginative selection too based on input from Kent soulies. If anyone has anything particular (record or style) that they want to hear, let me know by PM - it's your night not mine!!!

And as always, if anyone is travelling and needs a place to kip, we may be able to help out. Drop me a PM or email.

See ya there,

John.

Guest Bearsy

Yep, looking forward to this one - hence the shameless bump! :thumbsup:

Working on stuff to play, looking to meet the demand for top oldies but adding an imaginative selection too based on input from Kent soulies. If anyone has anything particular (record or style) that they want to hear, let me know by PM - it's your night not mine!!!

And as always, if anyone is travelling and needs a place to kip, we may be able to help out. Drop me a PM or email.

See ya there,

John.

Hi John,

Really looking forward to your set inparticular as ive told everyone you will set the decks alight with one top tune after another so you cant let us all down whistling.gif

Although im travelling down the 50 miles to Ramsgate i wont need need a place to kip as i will get 40 winks when Mark does his set but thanks for the offer :thumbup::lol:

See you all next week

Bearsy

Hi John,

Really looking forward to your set inparticular as ive told everyone you will set the decks alight with one top tune after another so you cant let us all down whistling.gif

Although im travelling down the 50 miles to Ramsgate i wont need need a place to kip as i will get 40 winks when Mark does his set but thanks for the offer :thumbsup::thumbup:

See you all next week

Bearsy

set the decks alight?

thats arson in my book

post-2061-1168372012_thumb.jpg

Hi John,

Really looking forward to your set inparticular as ive told everyone you will set the decks alight with one top tune after another so you cant let us all down :thumbsup:

Although im travelling down the 50 miles to Ramsgate i wont need need a place to kip as i will get 40 winks when Mark does his set but thanks for the offer :yes::lol:

See you all next week

Bearsy

Thanks for the support mate! I'll certainly try but agree with Moldie, ain't burnin' nothin' all night. I'll be watching you burn up the floor though. rolleyes.gif

Don't count on sleeping during Mark's bit though, he has a few tricks up his sleeve.......

J.

Guest Bearsy

Thanks for the support mate! I'll certainly try but agree with Moldie, ain't burnin' nothin' all night. I'll be watching you burn up the floor though. :thumbsup:

Don't count on sleeping during Mark's bit though, he has a few tricks up his sleeve.......

J.

Mark always has something up his sleeve and he wont never let on to me either the swine,

I will do my best to burn up the floor but the moment my knee pops out then i shall retire to the balcony

Moldie cant make it as he has paid someone for a chance to DJ at a local venue so he dont have to travel shades.gif

Mark always has something up his sleeve and he wont never let on to me either the swine,

I will do my best to burn up the floor but the moment my knee pops out then i shall retire to the balcony

Moldie cant make it as he has paid someone for a chance to DJ at a local venue so he dont have to travel :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm missing out on the gossip here. As usual I have been scouring my boxes, Much to Johhny H's disgust. I have just come back from the venue where we did a little sound checking. It's gonna be good!

The CD listing is doen and the printer has been given his instructions for the covers, so its all systems go.

Monsiuer Moldie will you be attending the coast that night?

John A will ring you at the weekend, sorry not been back to you or anyone this week but its been a mad week as per usual.

Anyway be good and no bickering about whose gonna set what alight as I am sure you all will astound in your own special ways. By the way I do believe there may be some competition off the open decks too.

the only thing mark has up his sleeve is his arm

the only way bearsy will burn up the floor is if he drops a ciggy on it

Moldie cant make it as he has paid someone for a chance to DJ at a local venue so he dont have to travel :lol:

its cost me a fortune too and i gotta supply the gear to..that col the soul has a cheek

Moldie, March the 20th yes or no for a deck slot? I ask now as I am going to be confirming date and venue at the 20th Jan or just after. cheers.

P.S. you won't have to;

a) pay for a slot

cool.gif Supply your own gear

im in

free to you as you are such a nice man

top man

ill get buying during end of jan and all of feb

cheers moldie

Moldie, March the 20th yes or no for a deck slot? I ask now as I am going to be confirming date and venue at the 20th Jan or just after. cheers.

P.S. you won't have to;

a) pay for a slot

cool.gif Supply your own gear

I didnt know you was putting a doo on a tuesday night Mark, do you think it will work. :shades:

I heard he always pay for a slot shaped thingy :wub:

I can supply the gear no problem :)

I didnt know you was putting a doo on a tuesday night Mark, do you think it will work. :unsure:

I heard he always pay for a slot shaped thingy whistling.gif

I can supply the gear no problem ph34r.gif

Doh! better looks at this years calendar and not last years. Date will be confirmed when I have got my Sh*t together. Good catch Paul, free boat berth for you then.

Doh! better looks at this years calendar and not last years. Date will be confirmed when I have got my Sh*t together. Good catch Paul, free boat berth for you then.

dont time fly when your having fun :thumbsup::boxing:

why oh wht does mark want me in the hotspot of margate for a midweek northern event?

Well John tell me your a messiah so I thought you might be able to raise the dead. Believe me Margate Mid week would be a hard job for anyone even the real mccoy.

Date will be a weekend just need to get me diary and have a swift look. As I know that Southside were looking at the end of March due to shifts in availability of there venue.

Well John tell me your a messiah so I thought you might be able to raise the dead. Believe me Margate Mid week would be a hard job for anyone even the real mccoy.

Date will be a weekend just need to get me diary and have a swift look. As I know that Southside were looking at the end of March due to shifts in availability of there venue.

cant do 3rd march as lightwater 5th anniversary is on

can do the 10th but dont forget prestatyn weekend is on the following weekend

dates are gettin harder to sort as theres so many events on

it will be a pleasur to play at your event no matter when

moldie

cant do 3rd march as lightwater 5th anniversary is on

can do the 10th but dont forget prestatyn weekend is on the following weekend

dates are gettin harder to sort as theres so many events on

it will be a pleasur to play at your event no matter when

moldie

be one of last two weekends in MArch 24th or 31st def.

I've got an idea for a bit of a tag team thing. So not sure yet! Do you have anyone in mind from your neck of the woods then?

yes

my double decking partner from lightwater

chris thorley

be one of last two weekends in MArch 24th or 31st def.

31st would be your best bet when you look at events, not im not being biased cos i cant make the others :thumbsup: i just want to experience the Mold in full flight :wicked::shades::hypo::(:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the only person im scared of is my mrs

if she new ihad 800 notes hidden away id be brown bread

Your a sneak you aint you moldie, I dont know how you could be so dishonest about something like that and keep it a secret from your wife, :rolleyes:

Im glad most people on here aint like you :thumbsup:

Yes i am jealous :thumbsup:

Your a sneak you aint you moldie, I dont know how you could be so dishonest about something like that and keep it a secret from your wife, :shades:......i have too or she will waste it

Im glad most people on here aint like you :D......me too

Yes i am jealous :boxing: ....no need to be...ive sorted some tunes for you..bit modern rnb and northern

moldie

Nice to catch up Moldie already looking forward to the 31st of March.You to Chris it should be a great night.

New flyer posted for 20th Jan with full line up.

31st of March sounds like a good date Mark, it fits into my scedule perfectly thumbsup.gif

Got a good one to look forward too before that though and its only a couple of days away, :lol:

31st of March sounds like a good date Mark, it fits into my scedule perfectly :lol:

Got a good one to look forward too before that though and its only a couple of days away, :(

you coming to fleet then bearsy whistling.gif

Nice to catch up Moldie already looking forward to the 31st of March.You to Chris it should be a great night.

really enjoyed our chat..its great to get ideas from other promoters

New flyer posted for 20th Jan with full line up.

we wont let you down...we have both been buying some great toons over the last 3 months and will continue to do so

regards moldie

you coming to fleet then bearsy whistling.gif

I will be there in spirit Moldie as it does sound like its going to be a cracking night, but on spirit at Ramsgate :lol: , no not "white spirit" before you say anything derogatory about my character :(

ps, send me a flyer for lightwater.

I will be there in spirit Moldie as it does sound like its going to be a cracking night, but on spirit at Ramsgate :boxing: , no not "white spirit" before you say anything derogatory about my character wicked.gif

ps, send me a flyer for lightwater.

flyer is on here...mischief has posted it

im sure you will have just as good a night as we will have at fleet

mark has put a great deal of effort into this night

i hope he gets the support he deserves

moldie

you are a true gent Moldie, I will have to start the warm up for your visit in March on Saturday.Best of luck at Fleet.

cheers mark

im really looking fwd to your march event

im having a mass clearout to make way for lotsa new tunes i want

if theres anything you are after give me a shout

get the djs to post there playlists if you can

moldie

cheers mark

im really looking fwd to your march event

im having a mass clearout to make way for lotsa new tunes i want

if theres anything you are after give me a shout everything and always drop us a bit of a list as I am doing a similar thing.

get the djs to post there playlists if you can Will do.

moldie