70s LP tracks.

Neal Bull

Loads, get the Acots Lp on Crazy Cajon for a load of lp only tracks 

Mighty Ryders - spread the message for Evil Vibrations, 

lew Kirtin - just arrived for ‘something special’ 

marlena Shaw - sweet beginnings for ‘look at me, look at you’

the Eliminators / loving explosion / BRC for ‘LovingExplosion’

Ralph Graham / Differently for Ain’t no need (Sussex) 

Betty Wright - Explosion \ Alston for ‘Keep Feelin’  also has ‘Open the door to your heart’ as a bonus, which did get a 7 release in Italy on RCA I think 

both Walter Jacksons Chi City Lps have updated versions of ‘Welcome home’ on Feelin good, the other one o can’t quite remember.

you must buy Tyrone Ashley’s LP in Truth & Soul that me out 2007 for the brilliant ‘Cant Stay Away’  plus others 

jack ashford - Hotel sheet for Ill fly to your running arms / Magic Disc 

smoke - risin - obviously!! 

Beres Hammond - soul Reggae for ‘Don’t wait too long’ on Waterlilly Jamaican Press, he has other also on different lps

Gloria Lynn does a great job of Betty everett’s ‘Ive just gotta tell somebody’ on her ‘I’m in love’  lp, DJM in the uk, don’t know the yank label...

All of Randy Browns lps on Parachute / Chocolate city etc got uk releases also via Pye, have loads of quality 7ts lp only tracks

Dianne Reeves - welcome to my love has lots of 7ts jazz influences tracks that are blinding... 

god there are loads, that said you know the fad record companies now do by giving these tracks a45 release, it’s ok but I prefer the orig lp personally :/) good hunting 

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Betty Everett - there’ll come a time / Uni for ‘Your falling in Love’ 

i think Eddie Holman’s Sal soul Lp has the lp only ‘Where have you been’ all of my life, which is a stunning track.. 

Wilson Williams Lp with ‘I like being on love’ plus two other killers goes for dosh but it’s essential! 

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Not sure about Lp only without checking but

Lou Courtney "I'm In Need Of Love" on Epic, fantastic Lp.  All of the tracks!

Natural Four Lps have some excellent Lp only tracks too.  Gingi James one Brunswick I'm sure has one or two, Voices of East Harlem Lps as well has some Lp only gems.

There is loads and one reason why Lps are all I collect these days, much more fun.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

I think Lou Courtney’s tracks did get  releases on CBS in Germany, ie the  ones that didn’t get a release in the states Chalkey... I’ll check I had to have every release from that lp at one time and there is a German only coupling you don’t get anywhere else..

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Mal C said:

I think Lou Courtney’s tracks did get  releases on CBS in Germany, ie the  ones that didn’t get a release in the states Chalkey... I’ll check I had to have every release from that lp at one time and there is a German only coupling you don’t get anywhere else..

yes, "I'm in need of love" made it on 45 only in Krautsville. Demo on Epic with promo sleeve not that hard. Proper issue with picture sleeve very hard to find.

Social source share

On 21/09/2019 at 20:01, Blackpoolsoul said:

Seriously lovely tunes but WHY 80's when asked for 1970's......stick to the thread please folks 😂

Got this on Japanese 7inch with that pic cover, so not lp only... vocals from Luther van dross, and did you know the blonde in the picture cover at the back is Paula Yates....

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!