70s LP tracks.

Neal Bull

Guest Polyvelts
17 hours ago, Ric-tic said:

Garland Green was released on an Expansion 7” in 2016

Didnt realise that. To be honest I was viewing the question from the POV that there wasnt a current 45 issue of a track at the time of release (or at least within a year) rather than 39 years later.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

I mean with Willie Hutch, Jerry Butler, David Ruffin, Lamont Dozier etc its really like shooting fish in a barrel !

From his 'Concert in Blues' LP

Social source share

8 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Enjoying this thread - always on the look out for LP recommendations, esp 70's and 80's. Here's a few favourites of mine I don't think have been mentioned:-

Leon Haywood - Fair warnin' ('Back to stay' LP)

Gene Townsel - I'm walking away ('Time wounds all heels' LP)

Richard 'Popcorn' Wylie - How did I lose you ('Extrasensory Perception' LP)

O.V. Wright - Let's straighten it out ('The bottom line' LP)

Prince Phillip Mitchell - You'll throw bricks at him ('Make it good' LP)

Vocies of East Harlem - Take a stand ('Can you feel it' LP)

Smoke - Sunshine Roses and Rainbows ('Smoke' LP, also released as Blacksmoke) - possibly the best fiver I've ever spent 

Clydene Jackson - I need your love ('Fresh' LP)

Gene Townsel was on 7"

Gene.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Chalky said:

Isn't it a more recent release though, i.e. years after the Lp?

I must apologise, but I think there is some confusion here which came from somewhere....... the thread was and I quote

"Does anybody recommend any 70s

Album only tracks" and I have just tried to stick to the thread. 😀

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

11 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I must apologise, but I think there is some confusion here which came from somewhere....... the thread was and I quote

"Does anybody recommend any 70s

Album only tracks" and I have just tried to stick to the thread. 😀

As have most and many do not count 45s released years after for the scene.  To many they are still LP only tracks. 

If I was running a venue I would want the Lp on the turntable rather than an expansion release. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

As have most and many do not count 45s released years after for the scene.  To many they are still LP only tracks. 

If I was running a venue I would want the Lp on the turntable rather than an expansion release. 

Well the problem if I recall , as you will no doubt know, with the particular LP in question Gene Townsel, is that part of the LP was poorly mixed and ran into the next track without a gap and I can clearly remember Mo playing the Single and Mick holding up the LP to prove they had it

Amusing at the time and it wasn't until I bought the LP that I realised. Fortunately, I no longer DJ, so it isn't a problem for me

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts
On 07/10/2019 at 22:17, Chris Turnbull said:

Or this

Slightly off topic but Louis Theroux chose this as one of his tracks recently for Desert Island Discs. My respect for him increased 1000 fold !!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!