Coxone UK Singles - Record bag

Mikehump

There's only very few UK ska, rock-steady and early reggae company labels. From recollection there's very few Blue Beat and Ska Beat company sleeve (both cheap and ugly IMO), then there's the odd ebony and orange "lava" residue used between 1967 and 1968 for the Doctor Bird and Pyramid labels.

My guess is that the Discog's seller will put it in an old Jamaican (early 7T's) Studio 1 and Coxsone lovely Jamaican sleeve promoting their best selling LP's. Those are very nice IMO anyway. Nice almost to be framed although not rare. I mean there where not when I use top collect my Jamaican sounds.

Edited by Tlscapital
typing correction
Social source share

10 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

There's only very few UK ska, rock-steady and early reggae company labels. From recollection there's very few Blue Beat and Ska Beat company sleeve (both cheap and ugly IMO)

Never seen or heard of a Ska Beat company sleeve - would love to see one.

Social source share

31 minutes ago, cover-up said:

Never seen or heard of a Ska Beat company sleeve - would love to see one.

Well it's a long time ago and since I've had seen the dull Blue Beat before, I didn't expect any better from Ska Beat which turn out to be even of the cheaper kind. My souvenir tells me it was like a 'stamped' blank paper sleeve or something close to that.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I quite like the neat design of the Blue Beat sleeve.

01a.jpg

If you like it then you are evidently and absolutely right. To my eye, it just doesn't match the Blue Beat logo and or label. The typo used is irrelevant and even the 'wreath of laurel' would just match better a Greek label if ever... But I believe that was kind of intended. Unless it was a confusion of genre with the Fred Perry symbol that was already big amongst the white teens of England listening to such genre of 'black' music back then 😉 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!