motown 1969 unreleased...

De-to

11 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Fascinating stuff. Just 69?

I thought the whole archives had been gone through.

Can it be assumed the 'most commercial' 60 have been released?

Somebody needs to go through the unreleased part of this find PDQ....and find the real Northern stuff!

Ed

Motown also did "motown unreleased" 1967 and 1968 parts 1 and 2 a couple of years ago they are on amazon.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

I thought the whole archives had been gone through.

Can it be assumed the 'most commercial' 60 have been released?

Somebody needs to go through the unreleased part of this find PDQ....and find the real Northern stuff!

Ed

They have been coming out for a few years now. Started with 1962. Probably released before they are out of copyright.

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

Downloaded all the years of Amazon over the past few years. Some fantastic tracks on them but whoever decides which ones to release is not a Motown/Northern fan as there must be far better tracks to release. (unless we are getting to the end of unreleased /discovered tracks) But nevertheless a must for Motown fans. 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Daryl said:

Downloaded all the years of Amazon over the past few years. Some fantastic tracks on them but whoever decides which ones to release is not a Motown/Northern fan as there must be far better tracks to release. (unless we are getting to the end of unreleased /discovered tracks) But nevertheless a must for Motown fans. 

I doubt there are many left unreleased? The whole point of releasing them is for copyright protection otherwise they fall into the public domain....I think. 

Social source share

Yes, each year, now, we will find out what is left in the vaults that hadn't yet been released.  So, there should be almost nothing left but a couple of stray misplaced (and currently unknown) acetates possibly to be found from the pre-1970 period, and only 1970-88 to find any others.

Social source share

On 22/09/2019 at 18:39, Tomangoes said:

Ed

Richard Searling has done a few of his radio shows which have picked over the batches that have been released this way for each previous year.. You should be able to find those on mixcloud, I think. He's mentioned a few times on these, proposals for vinyl / CD releases but suggests they're not interested...

Edited by Joesoap
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!