Few Rare Ska & Reggae 45's With Sound

Pete S

BUSTERS ALLSTARS - JET 707 / DERRICK MORGAN - CONTENTED WIFE - BLUE BEAT 261. EX £200

Jet 707 is possibly the greatest ska instrumental ever made...Busters Allstars on this occasion are The Skatalites. Impossible to find in any condition let alone EX.

BUSTERS ALLSTARS - RYGING / PRINCE BUSTER - AMBITION - BLUE BEAT 328 VG+ £30

This is one of the rarer Buster instrumentals and it's up there with the best of them BUT there is a problem with this one, it has a little crack on the edge of about 1cm, if you push the vinyl together properly it hardly makes a sound. Other than that it would have been VG+.

THE UNIQUES - OUT OF LOVE / WATCH THIS SOUND - TROJAN 619 MINT £100

Out Of Love has the most soulful vocal ever performed on a Jamaican record. This is one of the very best reggae singles of all time, and the condition is phenomenal, spotless labels and vinyl. Tighten Up LP favourite Watch This Sound on the other side.

THE TECHNIQUES - I WISH IT WOULD RAIN / THERE COMES A TIME - DUKE 1 VG+ £40

Very rare first release on UK Duke, and the brilliant Pat kelly on vocals on two great sides.

THE SOUL BROTHERS - SOUND ONE - ISLAND 296 MINT £20

Not very often you see a mint Island 45 but I bought two of these by mistake so here's the spare one, Roland Alphonso et al on a rather strange instrumental

CLANCY ECCLES - WHAT WILL YOUR MAMA SAY - PAMA 701 VG+ £20

First release on Pama I think, nice rocksteady track

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

loved that techniques pete, really great record

out of interest, do you know did johnny osbourne do any 60s stuff?

Yes he was with the group The Sensations...if you hang about a bit I'll send you up an absolutely incredible track by them/him...I mean, one of the best rocksteady 45's I've ever heard..

Social source share

Queen Of The Minstrels - the eternals - coxsone

13073 refosoul

I bought this off Mick Smith at Wton record fair - it had the artists and title names removed so he said do you want this for a fiver, I said ok, I'll take a chance, turns out to be one of the best and most sought after 45's on the entire label...

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Yeah it's brilliant isn't it Dave, I love these soulful rocksteady tracks, sometimes it's nice to hear something a little bit different...

Pete, do you have the Larry Marshall on Blue Beat 'Suspicion/Broken Heart'??? If so, can you post up a sound clip of both sides, I have this Buster productions CD off a mate with no track listings, only the artists and there is an absolute brilliant Rocksteady tune by Larry. It's not the other one of his on Blue Beat cos' I have that one...

Social source share

Pete, do you have the Larry Marshall on Blue Beat 'Suspicion/Broken Heart'??? If so, can you post up a sound clip of both sides, I have this Buster productions CD off a mate with no track listings, only the artists and there is an absolute brilliant Rocksteady tune by Larry. It's not the other one of his on Blue Beat cos' I have that one...

I'll have a look for you later, definitely not got on single but I have most of the label on cd so should be ok

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Queen Of The Minstrels - the eternals - coxsone

13073 refosoul

I bought this off Mick Smith at Wton record fair - it had the artists and title names removed so he said do you want this for a fiver, I said ok, I'll take a chance, turns out to be one of the best and most sought after 45's on the entire label...

One of my all time favourite Jamaican tunes, Pete. yes.gif

I'd happily settle for a reissue of this on 7" in anybody has one.

Godz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!