Unknown Acetate On Manship's Site.

Tim Richmond

Just seen this and played the sound clip-

Artist: Unkown Artist

A Side: You Know You're Wrong 

B Side: I Am Your Leader 

Label: DCT 

Format: 10"

I thought I recognised  it, after some thought, it's the title track from Walter Heath's 1974 album- "You Know You're Wrong Don't You Brother' on Buddha.

Maybe Mr Manship ain't heard this album!!

Anyone concur?

Tim.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

doesn't do his credibility any good, IMHO. It is a fairly easy mistake to make, but then I'm not making a fortune/ living out of flogging records. If I was, I'd find the time to check if an acetate was truly unreleased or not, otherwise I'd think of myself as a skanking bastard.  

Social source share

On 11/10/2019 at 15:37, geeselad said:

doesn't do his credibility any good, IMHO. It is a fairly easy mistake to make, but then I'm not making a fortune/ living out of flogging records. If I was, I'd find the time to check if an acetate was truly unreleased or not, otherwise I'd think of myself as a skanking bastard.  

your choice of words has drawn some feedback 

maybe you can expand on what you are actually trying to say here as currently it does read to some as insulting

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Mike said:

your choice of words has drawn some feedback 

maybe you can expand on what you are actually trying to say here as currently it does read to some as insulting

Mr Manship is a internationally renowned record dealer with staff Mike. I just think it's either disingenuous or a genuine cock up, to advertise an record, I assume as unreleased? For sale, that is actually a known release on a major label.  Either way if I was in his position I'd think it might dent my credibility somewhat. Maybe that's a little extreme, and my language was a little colourful. I'm sure in reality John won't be worried he's amassed buyer confidence in droves through his reputation as an honest dear over he years. However, as said, I would have some basic research would have revealed the identity and that would have certainly made an impact on how the recording was advertised. 

Social source share

No one knows everything, we are all learning every day or should be if yer doung it right. With the amount of records there is, even the most knowledgable can be forgiven for either not knowing something or forgetting what something is. As I get older I’m forgetting records I haven’t heard for sometime so I’m sure it is the same for others. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!