• Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest stromberg

:P

Great record, is this it's value these days, hope so :boxing: picked a copy up years ago from Rod Dearlove.

soulmac.

anyone can supply a soundfile??

Cheers!

Social source share

THIS RECORD WAS ALSO RELEASED ON CONNOWEL,ALSO ON ONE OF HIS ALBUMS ON THE SAME LOGO.BEEN RAVING BOUT THIS FOR YEARS,ITS ONE OF HIS BEST BY FAR.£400 ON CHANSON ,DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT ?

BAZ A.

you could let me have your copy as my "your a special girl" present :thumbsup:

see you later x

Social source share

Conwill 45 was from 1980 backed up with Another Star (of Stevie wonder). Not so much better just added nice female chorus I think. :unsure:

Fantastic 45 and one i might take to the Hilton tomorrow afternoon.............but surely there's an error..................surely we mean 40 not 400 :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

hi the original label is MABLE ....john turned up 50 back in 79 (from the label owner ) none since then...i do remember him having boxes of mother fox for 5.00 which seems to fetch money these days..its all down to demand i guess...

full title is IKE STRONG YOUR LOVES KEEPS ME DANCING MABLE

I think you're talking about a totally different record hence the confusion over why the Ike Noble is £400 unsure.gif

Social source share

hi the original label is MABLE ....john turned up 50 back in 79 (from the label owner ) none since then...i do remember him having boxes of mother fox for 5.00 which seems to fetch money these days..its all down to demand i guess...

full title is IKE STRONG YOUR LOVES KEEPS ME DANCING MABLE

Some of the £1.50 £2.00 stuff that Soul Bowl had is fetching big money .. I think most of the time JA had the few boxes of the various independent releases that were available ..took a few years to sell em , and then that was it .. Must admit I paid a fair bit for Ike Strong and Motherfox in 1984/85 though

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

hi simon

john had ike strong for 20.00 for quite some time...the mother fox i remember paying 20 for as well i could never get larom baker from him...it was 50.00 as a new release he had three copies...

skying high was 3.00 ellipsis was 8.00 ...these are clearly not todays prices but u cant predict future..(it would have been nice to!!!!) demand ......or interest or diversity....the crossover of modern to funk to northern is all good in my opinion...some really great records out there

Social source share

Hi Mike et al

I have a remix of this track on a sony cd - which I think is even more soulful! I found the cd in my mothers cd rack after she passed away! I'll have to dig it out - I seem to recall that one side is classic jaz - and the other has some wonderful soul tracks on. Has anyone else heard the remix or seen the cd?

Peter

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike et al

I have a remix of this track on a sony cd - which I think is even more soulful! I found the cd in my mothers cd rack after she passed away! I'll have to dig it out - I seem to recall that one side is classic jaz - and the other has some wonderful soul tracks on. Has anyone else heard the remix or seen the cd?

Peter

Peter, not heard of this version, only the two previously mentioned on this thread. Can you post a clip I'd be very interested in hearing it?

Had a pm and picked up the version on a Conowil 45, very nice it is to :yes:

Edited by mikeshawe
Social source share