Gasher profile photo

PAYPAL RANT...Vagabonds and thieves if you let em

Posted

Ok, so  I see a record on DISCOGS at 500 euro or nearest offer and being a 

wee cheeky Scotsman I though Id go in with a 350 euro offer to which the said no  but will take 400 euro.

Ok great me thinks..still saved about 300 on a full priced copy.

so arranges payment of said 400 euro to seller transfers with Paypal..charged @ 1.08 conversion rate £372 so pays the man.

Then hears nothing for 5 days..so starts to dig and my mate tells me the record was bootlegged . So due to the fact he advertised the original label on the listing I asked the question is this the record for sale he said yes..so no worries there.

I then asked him to send me pics before he mails it just to clarify its legitimacy and pointed out the differences between the real one and the boot. Told him if there was any of my points valid then he had a bootleg copy.

Instant refund... would have sent it had I not questioned him

so refund comes in for the 400 euro at a 0.88 rate and its 20 quid short of what I paid to him due to PayPal's conversion rates.. the are more going out and less changing back to ££££s. Straight on the phone..ok its only 20 badgers but ITS THE PRINCIPAL OF THE MATTER not only did I not have a record I was 20 quid down too .. Not having that.. spent an hour on the blower...still  no joy.

Had I in the first 24 hours asked for a refund  Id have got it all back apparently but after that no...

I said who can buy anything from a other country and its there in 24hrs so you can claim a full refund if its fake.

You don't buy a toaster from ARGOS and 3 days later decide you don't need it  and take it back then they take off 10%.

so Im a tight Jock.. not havin that no way Jose.. So the Mexican woman said sorry it our policy... nothing we can do.

Gave up with Consuela and called Paypal Ireland.. I spoke to a lovely lass with great spoken not broken ENGLISH and she agreed it was wrong for a buyer to be screwed over this way and she refunded me the 20 quid... 

I SMELL VICTORY ....DONT LET PAYPAL BULLY YOU INTO SUBMISSION...

a SCOTSMAN AND HIS MONEY ARE  HARD TO SEPERATE

RANT OVER

FEEL THE LOVE  

THE GASHER

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Was it really a PayPal issue or just a change in the exchange rate ?. If it's the exchange rate then PayPal have acted excellently and to be honest can't really be faulted. I always ring PayPal UK if I have a problem and have never been disappointed. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Pretty sure that the profanities are completely unneccessary on a family forum ... :sleep3:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 08/10/2019 at 13:39, Gasher said:

I am so sorry you feel like this and I am sure most of us would feel exactly the same.......HOWEVER, you should never ever in todays world use such extreme and offensive language no matter how hard done by you feel and I hope that you either edit your post or removed from this site

This behaviour is NOT FOR ME

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Thieves.....
    All About the SOUL by soul45s on Sun 11 Apr 2004
    • 7 / 1509
    • Guest on 13 Apr 2004
  2. Calvin Leavy - "thieves And Robbers"
    Look At Your Box by djmelismo on Fri 05 Dec 2008
    • 3 / 493
    • Kris Holmes on 18 Dec 2008
  3. Record Thieves
    All About the SOUL by HIPCITY HIPSTER on Mon 13 Apr 2009
    • 31 / 1994
    • marge on 18 Apr 2009
  4. Record Thieves
    Record Sales by HIPCITY HIPSTER on Mon 13 Apr 2009
    • 6 / 1040
    • Paul McKay on 15 Apr 2009
  5. Band Of Thieves - Love Me Leave Me - Acetate $400
    Record Sales by stonedsoul on Sat 08 Mar 2014
    • 2 / 881
    • stonedsoul on 09 Mar 2014
  6. The Thieves - Why Did You Do it to Me' *SORTED*
    Record Wants by Mal C on Sat 25 Jun 2016
    • 1 / 229
    • Mal C on 25 Jun 2016

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.