Old Flyer 1979

alison

A 1979 Ian Clark Crapographics flyer for the one and only promotion I ever did - alongside my lovely ex husband Budgie, who just popped round for a drink and brought me this nice piece of memo.... memora.... memorabil...you know what I mean

DJ's were culled from the 6t's line up of the time (this was pre 100 Club, probably West Hampstead days)...Ady did you do it as well ??? Maybe it was a free for all :D My memory fails as usual but there's only 3 chaps - Ian Clark, Tony Ellis, Pete Widdison, listed on the line up, so there must have been more. Dave Greet for sure.....?????

A memorable (if not for me) night - a lock out - people climbed up the fire escapes to get in (and were promptly thrown back down again by Budgie and Randy Cozens !)

I think we made a loss of about £6. A fortune thumbsup.gif

16 sleeping on my Mums living room floor - she made them all breakfast in the morning bless her (ably assisted by a very alert Randy) whilst music blared from the stereogram. Legend has it that she turned to her kitchen assistant and said "Oooh I know this one - Lou Roberts isn't it dear?"

Soul content - Almeta Lattimore - These Memories biggrin.gif

post-856-1102456742_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately hardly kept flyers, they were mailny used for writing titles and phone numbers down on thumbsup.gif

Got some of Allanton, Rob Marriotts events, Guys, some Stafford ones (including the darts teams hero Dobie Gray :D )

Busy really until mid next week as a way with work so can't do anything untill then but will try and dig something out.

Social source share

DJ's were culled from the 6t's line up of the time (this was pre 100 Club, probably West Hampstead days)...Ady did you do it as well ???  Maybe it was a free for all  :D   My memory fails as usual but there's only 3 chaps - Ian Clark, Tony Ellis, Pete Widdison,  listed on the line up, so there must have been more. Dave Greet for sure.....?????

link

Can't remember if I was dj'ing that night as well, but I was definitely there...I did have that flyer until recently, goodness only knows where it is now.

Ah, the old Plough hotel - bang in the middle of town, well known meeting place, over the years I've drunk there, dj'd there, stomped there, and... oh well, she was blonde...Paul O'B and I promoted a Thursday night local do there for a couple of years (when Ali was still at school), and one of my best memories is when Sue Ready (soon to join us on here with a bit of luck) and the South Wales crowd rang me and said "We're off to Bedford niter, we'll stop off for a drink on the way". Well, I couldn't go to a niter, especially one half way across the country, as I had to work a busy Saturday morning as a Foreign Exchange cashier...except that I was cajoled, bullied and then promised that they'd have me back at my desk in time...and they did, though how I balanced the books I'll never know! :rolleyes::rolleyes::wicked:

And the Plough? It's now a shopping arcade...

Jerry.

Social source share

DJ's were culled from the 6t's line up of the time (this was pre 100 Club, probably West Hampstead days)...Ady did you do it as well ??? 

16 sleeping on my Mums living room floor - she made them all breakfast in the morning bless her (ably assisted by a very alert Randy) whilst music blared from the stereogram. Legend has it that she turned to her kitchen assistant and said "Oooh I know this one - Lou Roberts isn't it dear?" :rolleyes:

link

Funnily enough I'm going through all that stuff and found our flyer at the time also advertising it for you. I can't remember so I was probably there.

Though it's a bit tough from a historical point of view, I've noticed we hardly ever advertised DJs. It kept them in their place, they were lucky to be allowed to DJ! I think it's a good reflection on their egos. They weren't Prima Donnas like some of the Northern super stars at the time. We were more "For the people, by the people".

Social source share

Can't remember if I was dj'ing that night as well, but I was definitely there...I did have that flyer until recently, goodness only knows where it is now.

Ah, the old Plough hotel - bang in the middle of town, well known meeting place, over the years I've drunk there, dj'd there, stomped there, and... oh well, she was blonde...Paul O'B and I promoted a Thursday night local do there for a couple of years (when Ali was still at school), and one of my best memories is when Sue Ready (soon to join us on here with a bit of luck) and the South Wales crowd rang me and said "We're off to Bedford niter, we'll stop off for a drink on the way". Well, I couldn't go to a niter, especially one half way across the country, as I had to work a busy Saturday morning as a Foreign Exchange cashier...except that I was cajoled, bullied and then promised that they'd have me back at my desk in time...and they did, though how I balanced the books I'll never know! :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :wicked:

And the Plough? It's now a shopping arcade...

Jerry.

link

I can't believe I used to go out in my school uniform, but I still have some very hazy photos of the Stompers bar and I am definitely wearing a Pates Grammar School For Girls jumper ...ooh err :D Will say no more about popping into the Plough for a quick snifter and missing Part 2 of my Biology O'level :D

I have lost all my old memorabilia although I have a few photos - maybe a trip up into my Mums attic is called for one of these days.

Did any of us manage to hold down a job in those days Hippo ? I recall Dowtys losing several of their apprentices when members of the local "drug cult" were sent to spend a holiday with Her Majesty :lol:

Social source share

Alison

I've stillgot some lovely photos of several bleary-eyed soulies, many of them topless, lounging on your mum's floor after that particular do.  (It was a good night and you well deserved all that profit)

Tony Ellis  XX

link

How much does a Topless Tony sell for on eBay ? :rolleyes::wicked:

PS Mum never got over it :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!