Lu Pine compilations

Plouf

Hi,

I was wondering if there was some compilations (vinyl or CD) related to the Detroit label Lu Pine.  Couldn't find an answer neither on Discogs nor on their Wikipedia entry. Several pages here and there list their catalogue but I discovered no mention of compilations yet.

I guess it would be interesting to listen to what Nelson George qualified of "hardcore rythm'n'blues"!

Regards

Plouf

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

There were some nice ones on the late lamented US 'Relic' label of Lu Pine  material- a great LP (not sure if it came out on CD) of Doo-Wops in their 'Golden Groups' series which came out in the 80's,  and I've loved it ever since,also a very nice 'The Girl Groups Of Detroit' (Relic CD 7017) which also came out on LP, -also a couple of Falcons compilations on Relic,too.

Not  on Relic there was an excellent budget CD on Fat Boy from 1995 called 'The Original Sound Of Detroit' inc gems like both sides of Betty Lavette's  super 62' debut ,Bobby Wiiliams etc-basically the same as the old late 60's UK Speciality  LP with same title-oh, just remembered another good UK budget  LP of Lupine stuff on Windmill called 'Roots Of Diana Ross,Wilson Pickett & Eddie Floyd' came out about 1973.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!