Why £300 Carolyn Crawford 6t's 40th Anniversary ?

stevefrost

any idea why so many (I have seen probably 7-8) are going for £200-300 on eBay. Usually they go for £50-60 immediately after the night then eventually down to £25-30.  Was tempted to sell mine & buy back later but have an odd emotional attachment to the one I was given personally.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

That's a great question and I agree there have been so many criticisms of new records being overpriced and how dealers are ripping off the buyers

I will wait for it to

quick ask

can ya drop the use of large off topic images on here

makes viewing the topics harder on mobiles etc etc

we do have emojis available eg💲⬇️ 

thanks 

mike

• Up vote 2
Social source share

44 minutes ago, Chalky said:

They rarely go down to 23-30, the ones not so in demand are 40/50, the in demand ones are well into three figures.

I’ve bought a couple recently for £15-20 inc last years Smith Brothers. I have all the anniversary singles but happy to pick up cheap if I see them. I see Roger Banks just sold a load for prices well below Discogs & eBay prices. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, stevefrost said:

I’ve bought a couple recently for £15-20 inc last years Smith Brothers. I have all the anniversary singles but happy to pick up cheap if I see them. I see Roger Banks just sold a load for prices well below Discogs & eBay prices. 

He did but I bet the likes of Chuck Jackson and Carla Thomas are up for sale soon at a three figure sum.  I’ve sold most lately cheapest £40.  Same for Horace releases cheapest £30, some 60/70. 

Social source share

I was there with my wife, being part of the little italian contingent that Butch mentioned during on of his set. I kept my copy and gave my wife's one (she doesn't collect records luckily 🤣) for free to one friend who couldn't make it for the trip to the 100s. And I won't regret it, no doubt about it.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

5 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

I always give my anniversary records to a to a friend who collects , I don't own a record player or collect myself so they go to him, I don't even think or care about how much they are worth, you can't put a price on happiness 🎶

Gutted I decided to give the anniversary  a miss. Great single and like both sides. 

Can't put a price on happiness so true 😊

To me the previous records given are memories never to be sold.

Wish I could erase the memories of that tedious journey home 😂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I think this will be the first Kent disc to perhaps get to £400/ £500 the 40 years is a huge thing but I can honestly say the quality is utterly incredible! The Mikki Stevenson cut is brilliant and the flip side is bloody great also . 
This just follows a general trend of quality going for money on new release 45s  and Kent Select release will make no difference imho collectors want these discs . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, stevefrost said:

the disc that sold for £310 by a seller with no feedback to someone with only 1 feedback who beat someone with only 1 feedback has been relisted at £210 or best offer …. shows that prices being manipulated.  

Definitely some fraudulent bidding, reported the item. 

Social source share

On 13/10/2019 at 11:12, Blackpoolsoul said:

That's a great question and I agree there have been so many criticisms of new records being overpriced and how dealers are ripping off the buyers

I will wait for it to

soul Price

What's this got to do with dealers, these are individuals looking to cash in. I don't see it on all the regular dealers lists.

Social source share

• 4 months later...
On 29/02/2020 at 09:56, stevefrost said:

Recent 6Ts are going for £15-25. 

I was about to ask where? Then I checked ebay. Then I noticed that certain titles seem to crop up a LOT. This seller has sold FIVE mint copies of numbers 37 and 38. And has copies currently listed as Buy-It-Now. With blurry photos. Don't want to start a panic on a level with coronavirus but... don't tell me these 6Ts singles have been booted????? 😭

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=susasnowde-5&hash=item3d9b4d0b80%3Ag%3AP2IAAOSwkARd4A7S&item=264598522752&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.X6Ts+kent.TRS0&_nkw=6Ts+kent&_sacat=0 

Just looking at Sandra Richardson, currently four copies for sale Buy-It-Now and Sweep113 has FIVE listed - that's nine. Something dodgy going on if you ask me.

Edited by cover-up
Social source share

1 hour ago, cover-up said:

I was about to ask where? Then I checked ebay. Then I noticed that certain titles seem to crop up a LOT. This seller has sold FIVE mint copies of numbers 37 and 38. And has copies currently listed as Buy-It-Now. With blurry photos. Don't want to start a panic on a level with coronavirus but... don't tell me these 6Ts singles have been booted????? 😭

I doubt very much that they have been booted - for one thing I am sure that Ace/Kent would be pretty active in pursuing those responsible through legal avenues.

What is more likely is the old practice, which was worsening, of purchasing surplus 6T's Anniversary tickets solely with the intention of obtaining spare copies to sell on at a profit. I myself had 5 copies of one of the 45's, because I purchased tickets for mates who dropped out before the event. Rather than sell them on for profit I gave them away, to Billy Whiz who couldn't make the night, Russ Flegg in Gibraltar, and a couple of other worthy mates. (If anyone would like to do similar to me with the Carolyn Crawford - yes please !)

In my opinion Ady has made the right move in stopping this practice by declaring a couple of years ago that the 45's would now be restricted to one per entrant rather than one per ticket. 👍

- Kev

Social source share

On 18/10/2019 at 12:41, Kjw said:

What's this got to do with dealers, these are individuals looking to cash in. I don't see it on all the regular dealers lists.

I think you will know see what I meant (above recent posts), as the Dealers are now listing them in quantities as I predicted

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I think you will know see what I meant (above recent posts), as the Dealers are now listing them in quantities as I predicted

Which dealers ? Would you care to name some. we are talking specifically about the recent Carolyn Crawford 45. The ones I've seen listed over the past few months have been from individuals who either had a spare or are cashing in on the price it's commanding 

I'm aware of some of the other titles appearing in quantity and would question if they are genuine.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Kjw said:

Which dealers ? Would you care to name some. we are talking specifically about the recent Carolyn Crawford 45. The ones I've seen listed over the past few months have been from individuals who either had a spare or are cashing in on the price it's commanding 

I'm aware of some of the other titles appearing in quantity and would question if they are genuine.

Exactly. I find it very unlikely that two dealers would each sit on at least five copies of the 37th anniversary 45, and then decide to sell them for £25 (& £40) a pop three years later. Has Ady C seen this thread?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks for clearing that up Sebastian. It seemed a strange choice to bootleg those two, when there are other more collectable ones. I'm aware of one re-issue label which had pressed limited records, only to find extra copies of those records ending up in circulation via the pressing plant...

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, stevefrost said:

Seller (funboythree33) has had multiple copies of 37th / Sandra Richardson selling this year, I think he may be up to his 5th. Also selling other anniversary 7s

Looks like he only sells represses so perhaps the supplier or pressing firm is booting them 

Try reading a couple of replies further back ..... 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!