I'm Surprised Nobody's Mentioned Thelma Jones

Yes, also announced & singing much of the records she recorded while at Barry Records, Thelma Jones will be performing at the Northampton Weekender - 25 - 27 May!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes, also announced & singing much of the records she recorded while at Barry Records, Thelma Jones will be performing at the Northampton Weekender - 25 - 27 May!

Cheers

Paddy

TOP STUFF PADDY, WORTH THE MONEY FOR HER ALONE.....HER 70TS STUFF ON 20TH CENTURY BRILLIANT TOO....'SALTY TEARS' ABSOLUTELY STUNNING OFF AN ACE LP TOO !!!

CHRIS MORGAN thumbsup.gif

Social source share

TOP STUFF PADDY, WORTH THE MONEY FOR HER ALONE.....HER 70TS STUFF ON 20TH CENTURY BRILLIANT TOO....'SALTY TEARS' ABSOLUTELY STUNNING OFF AN ACE LP TOO !!!

CHRIS MORGAN
thumbsup.gif

Yes.....yes .......and er yes!

Check out the flipside to the UK 45 of "Salty Tears" her version of "You're The Song (That I Can"t Stop Singing)
:shades:
not on LP

Not sure who did the original of this I know it from Jackie Wilson

Cheers Paco

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Yes.....yes .......and er yes!

Check out the flipside to the UK 45 of "Salty Tears" her version of "You're The Song (That I Can"t Stop Singing)
thumbsup.gif
not on LP

Not sure who did the original of this I know it from Jackie Wilson

Cheers Paco

"Salty Tears" by Thelma Jones is one of my favorite records - great soulful ballad

Think she had four 45 releases on Columbia in the 70's and the one LP - not sure if there were any releases on 20th Century though.

Northern wise, without a doubt her best Barry releases are :

Barry 1018 Souvenirs of a Heartbreak

Barry 1014 Oh Oh here comes the Heartache

Both of these are well worth picking up - great records !

:shades:

John

Social source share

"Salty Tears" by Thelma Jones is one of my favorite records - great soulful ballad

Think she had four 45 releases on Columbia in the 70's and the one LP - not sure if there were any releases on 20th Century though.

:boxing:

John

Never heard of any 20th Century stuff either John(Thats why I replied with only 3 yes'es!
:unsure:
) Can you confirm Bearsoul?

Cheers Paco

Social source share

Guest southpaw

Cheers

Paddy

Think one of her best tracks is "How long" brilliant track :boxing:

Social source share

:boxing:

John

Hi John & all!

On the LP front check the STUNNING Sam Dees penned deepie "Lonely Enough To Try Anything". Mindblowing stuff!

Of the Barry 45's... nobody mentioned "Second Chance" Barry 1024 (flip of Mr Fixit) which is up there with the very best from Barbara Lynn... just absolutely fickin' SUPERB!

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert