• Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Never been bootlegged to my knowledge?

Cheers

Steve

Just dug out my copy .. It has a ballad b side "Stay with me" Do some copies not have this recording . A Question to John Manship really :thumbsup: Who just had one on auction ...

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest the dukester

Just dug out my copy .. It has a ballad b side "Stay with me" Do some copies not have this recording . A Question to John Manship really :thumbsup:

THE COPY I HAVE JUST FOUND HAS THE SAME FLIP "STAY WITH ME"

WHAT DID THE ONE ON JM'S AUCTION FINISH AT??

Social source share

Guest the dukester

I think it nearly went £700 ..

Laugh......I nearly bought a drink!!!!!!!!!

Look on my face.......... Priceless!!!!!!!!!

Edited by the dukester
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Just dug out my copy .. It has a ballad b side "Stay with me" Do some copies not have this recording . A Question to John Manship really :thumbsup: Who just had one on auction ...

The Grapevine 2000 issue has a Radio Edit of LTTGAHOM as well as the original recording on the B side.

Brian :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Thats a bargain .. I only remember Dave Raistrick having these in quantity ..A superb bit of Group Soul , the lead is just fantastic !!

ITS OK, NOT REALLY MY SORT OF SOUL, BUT HEY FOR THAT PRICE/& JM AUCTIONING IT, COULDNT LEAVE IT THERE COULD I ?

REMEMBER JM LEAVING 2 DEL LARKS FOR A QUID EACH :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Hey he sounds like Frankie Beverly (the lead on this side )

It's this side that the Jap's all purchase it for. I was put on to this record from a tape swap circa 88/89 for this side.

Simon,spot on about the length. Has to be one of the longest 7s. Paid £50 for mine in about 92. There were a fair few about. Got mine from Dave Halsal who had just set up Interstate with Richard Carrington who was in L.A.

Is there much else on the label ?

Social source share

REMEMBER JM LEAVING 2 DEL LARKS FOR A QUID EACH shades.gif

I did, I did!!

I bought three copies of Lorraine Chandler - I Can't Change - Black issues for a quid each instead.. Thanks for reminding me.. Those were the days when, ya spending power was a fiver, if your were flush.!

other question Tavasco flipside on the auction copy was "Stay With Me"

Edited by john manship
Social source share

I did, I did!!

I bought three copies of Lorraine Chandler - I Can't Change - Black issues for a quid each instead.. Thanks for reminding me.. Those were the days when, ya spending power was a fiver, if your were flush.!

other question Tavasco flipside on the auction copy was "Stay With Me"

Cheers for the Info ...Im into this ballad now ... Sweet !! its in the box now as a Great double sider ..

It still surprises me when old Modern Scene records like this go for high prices . I guess the few hundred of us that where into it ( early 80's ) and got em cheap were very lucky .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!