• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Speedlimit said:

OK not much known about this track apart from its a unknown philly singer and there's two different takes. The original version keb used to play and I also heard butch play a slightly funkier take a couple of years ago at the 100 club. Any idea who the singer may be?? 

Same vocal on both takes? Either way no idea, but this might help if you're not tone deaf like me

enhanced vocal

06 Peanut D voc.mp3

Edited by Simon T
file change
Social source share

18 hours ago, Speedlimit said:

OK not much known about this track apart from its a unknown philly singer and there's two different takes. The original version keb used to play and I also heard butch play a slightly funkier take a couple of years ago at the 100 club. Any idea who the singer may be?? 

There was a thread here mentioning a "clock"

Social source share

On 15/10/2019 at 17:59, Simon T said:

Same vocal on both takes? Either way no idea, but this might help if you're not tone deaf like me

enhanced vocal

06 Peanut D voc.mp3 2.28 MB · 25 downloads

Thanks for that educative mp3 bit; morning singing under the shower artistry performance kind of level. But does that mean someone has the reels to it ?

Or is it some digital mastering work ? And 35 years after first ear encounter, I still find myself allergic to 'the peanut duck' singing and lyrics. Am I the only one ?

Social source share

7 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Thanks for that educative mp3 bit; morning singing under the shower artistry performance kind of level. But does that mean someone has the reels to it ?

Or is it some digital mastering work ? And 35 years after first ear encounter, I still find myself allergic to 'the peanut duck' singing and lyrics. Am I the only one ?

No, you aren't.  I dislike it, intensely. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!