Missing Rufus Wood 45

Firstly apologies for hi-jacking this group but I was looking for the right opportunity to post something and of course wanted to check all bases and ask all the appropriate people to be as sure as I can be in my own mind.

It seems that the last time I DJ’d at the Nottingham Boat Club someone thought it was acceptable to steal my copy of Rufus Wood “Before 2001” (Espanola) original copy whilst I was playing my set.

It wasn’t until later that I realised it was missing and of course I have checked everywhere I could, and even Julia has done the same to have “a fresh set of eyes” but to no avail and after back tracking my movements of when and where I last had it and this is the only conclusion I can come to.

I would like to add I don’t and do not wish this to reflect on Mick H and any of the team involved. This is about an individual/individuals that have taken it upon themselves to take something that does not belong to them and Mick has done his best to help me for which a really appreciate.

It was in EX condition or better with from memory no real distinguishing marks as far as it goes but obviously it isn’t a record that ever seems to come up for sale.

I am of course extremely unhappy about what has happened and would ask if anyone who comes across one for sale out of the blue or just doesn’t seem quite right to please contact me and it will of course be in strict confidence.

I would also add that if the person in question reads this my address is available from my website in the “contact Information” section at the bottom of the web page. You can return it anonymously and nothing more will be said on the matter however should you not, please believe me if you are reading this that anyone who knows me well will be aware that I am a very stubborn fellow and I will not let this go for as long as I am around and should I ever find out who they are I will pursue you through the legal route be that through a civil case but you will not get away and from speaking to particular people that maybe the least of your problems.

On a final note as most know DJ’ing has never been a top priority for me and I am more than happy to carry on DJ’ing at the Boat now, and at it’s new home next year for as long as they want me to do it, but I have to say as for everything else DJ wise I am now having to question if taking my own records to other venues is worth the price I have paid. If I am not as welcoming to people on stage as I have been previously and do seem reluctant to let you come behind the decks I apologise for that now but hope you can understand why.

Thanks

Kitch

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Oh fuck. Really sad to hear that, Kitch.

You are the second now in a short time. I think it was Pep, who mentioned some records stolen at another event on Facebook a few days ago.

If this would happen to me, I‘d go mad. Gladly I never heard of records been stolen at german dos and I am not really DJing anywhere else.

I mean this an easy four figure record and really though to find, it would make me thinking of playing my records outside my house furthermore.

But the biggest problem for me would be, that it would automatically loose all the positive feelings, when going out on the soul scene. I wonder, if this person really knows, what is destroyed by this action. This feeling of belonging together as a scene, as something special. All the trusting would be blown away.

I do really hope, you get it back. Hopefully the person reads this thread and gets his or her mind up!

was it the one you had for sale some weeks ago?

all the best 

Martin from Bamberg 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!