Four Underplayed Corkers

Bazza

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Have had this more years than i'd like to remember... biggie from Stafford... not heard out much these days though... ahh... good memories indeed :thumbsup:

Saw a nice Red Boy copy t'other week, not sure if it was Headsy's at Burnley :unsure: which version was played at Stafford (by Guy), Red Boy or Sandbag.

Social source share

was just about to say the same as you Joan. Infact I'd go as far as say not so long ago it was hammered to death all over.

Chalky Im from chesterfield,So I suppose we must got to the same venues,dont remember hearing it tho'

No comments on the Diplomats I think its a great tune

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

Chalky Im from chesterfield,So I suppose we must got to the same venues,dont remember hearing it tho'

No comments on the Diplomats I think its a great tune

Bazza

Rarely go local Bazza as only really the Union offered anything different. Attic and Pilsley seem to be bucking the trend for the same old same now and hope to get along very soon to both.

As for Districts, whole host of DJ's were spinning it including Mick H, Arthur Fenn, heard it down the 100 club when I was going regular as well. Like Joan says DDA and SoN getting spins there.

Social source share

Have had this more years than i'd like to remember... biggie from Stafford... not heard out much these days though... ahh... good memories indeed :P

And down South! Shook my booty to this many a time :boxing:

I'm sure Steve Csordas or Dave Abbot played this out around 3 years ago... loved it then, love it now :boxing:

Edited by ♫ Soulgirl ♫
Social source share

Bazza clear yer ear `oles out lad... :boxing:Chris has played New girl on a few occasions and may hear Vito next time (if you`re lucky!!) Looking out for Del Rays Inc for next time also

Chalky - Would be good to see you sometime (Introduce yourself to me on the door when you can make it?)

Sharon

Ger out, I aint heard him play it,unless I was at the bar,Ill hold him to Vito next time Sharon,yep be nice to see Chalky,dont know what your missing Chalky,great nights a pilsley,freindliest folk you could ever meet,and in my opinion the music mix is spot on,never heard anyone moan about Pilsley,every one goes home with a smile on there face

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

Ger out, I aint heard him play it,unless I was at the bar,Ill hold him to Vito next time Sharon,yep be nice to see Chalky,dont know what your missing Chalky,great nights a pilsley,freindliest folk you could ever meet,and in my opinion the music mix is spot on,never heard anyone moan about Pilsley,every one goes home with a smile on there face

Bazza

A up Bazza, yer names not RicTic is it? LOL After a free ticket.. ?After a comment like that Chris says you and your good lady can come in for nowt.. :boxing:

Social source share

A up Bazza, yer names not RicTic is it? LOL After a free ticket.. ?After a comment like that Chris says you and your good lady can come in for nowt.. :boxing:

Im not Daft Sharon :unsure: ,see ya next time

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

just found notes, it was Sandbag copy played by Guy. Red Boy slower.

Presumably the soundfile is taken from the Red Boy copy as it sounds the same as mine...

Sooooo - do you have a copy of the Sandbag issue so i can hear the faster version?

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

Honest to Goodness - diplomats -

13095 refosoul

what about this

This has been a regular spin of mine for a 2 or 3 years Bazza - I get quite a lot of requests for it. Big Paul (ace dancer who spins for England) and tall Roger both ask me to spin this whenever I'm out. They did this live @ Cleethorpes (I got a vidoe of their show) really well. 100% Northern Soul - right up my street, although not sure if I could keep it up on the dance floor to more than 2 or 3 tunes at this tempo!!! :thumbsup:

ATB,

Neil J.

Social source share

Suppose it often depends on where you come from and what venues you attend, certainly the Districts is a standard at venues around the Manchester area, and on the nighter scene, but less commonly heard around the east Midlands for example, However Bazza noticed you were at the Brit Nottingham saturday night, 100 % sure Mick H has a copy of the Districts, ask him next time, i'm sure he'll play it for you.

Social source share

Suppose it often depends on where you come from and what venues you attend, certainly the Districts is a standard at venues around the Manchester area, and on the nighter scene, but less commonly heard around the east Midlands for example, However Bazza noticed you were at the Brit Nottingham saturday night, 100 % sure Mick H has a copy of the Districts, ask him next time, i'm sure he'll play it for you.

Yes your right John,underplayed here,hammered some where else,always difficult when it comes to underplayed stuff

Bazza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!