Selling 45's after my dad has passed

Shadarn

My dad recently passed and he has a collection of 45's from the mid 60's to the early 70's.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking for information, as I don't know a great deal about this era. Other than hearing a lot of his music over the years. 

I know he loved his motown, soul and northern soul. But what he left behind I'm not sure it's the right place to ask for advice.but here goes anyway.

Here's a small selection of some of his music

Hl 10293 (london 1969) the intrigues

In a moment/scotchman rock

2092 023 (mojo 1968) ray baretto+orchestra El wutusi/Ritmo Sabres

Tmg 829 (Tamla 1965) four tops . I'll turn to stone/ love feel like fire

Up 35337 (United artist 1966) O Jay's

Working on your case/hold on

Tmg 843 (Tamla 1971) Martha Reeves 

No one there/the best years of my life

PB 19 (prince buster 1972) Prince buster + the all stars . 4+1 medley/drums drums

Cl 15713 (Capitol 1966) Bobby sheen 

Dr love/ sweet sweet love

Any advice should I be selling individual or as a job lot. Any advice would be appreciated. If this not appropriate for this site, could someone point me in the right direction please. 

Thank you in advance for anybodys time , thank you.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Shadarn

Sorry about your dad.

From what you have posted of the collection it looks like there are a number of reissues in amongst some original copies. With selling records it’s all about condition so will help when selling to give an accurate description and you can google how to grade them. Would defo suggest you give them a listen to make sure they jump, crackle or pop & visually grade them.

How many records are there? If not too many you could try selling on eBay - give a good honest description, clear photo etc.

Edited by Richard
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!