The Impressions - Love Me - Curtom Demo Unplayed

Mattbolton

The Impressions - Love Me 

US Curtom Demos. 

Untouched since the very day they were sleeved. 

£20 & £2 UK P&P

Have a small number of these phenomenal 45s which many people don’t know is an alternate take to the issue/LP with Curtis on lead, a killer bass line and a bit more pace. 

You see loads of these with a promo stamp but this is what the real demo should look and sound like. 

Sounds fucking mental over a massive system. 

Roll up, Roll up! Once they’re gone they’re gone! 

DM me for a sound clip. I don’t think there’s one online.

soul 4B200A82 4265 42C0 9691 6D6A225C0D9D

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Well I had both. Pass on the styrene issue to a friend (not the promo mind you) and kept the vinyl copy and both sound fantastic (can't say about the LP though)... But never heard Curtis in there ! Leroy evidently yes. The sentencing in the sale post of Matt is kinda confusing quoting Curtis in and/or out of an LP or is it intended the other way around ??? Fabulous single none the less. Grab it like an Alabama rabbit. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Well I had both. Pass on the styrene issue to a friend (not the promo mind you) and kept the vinyl copy and both sound fantastic (can't say about the LP though)... But never heard Curtis in there ! Leroy evidently yes. The sentencing in the sale post of Matt is kinda confusing quoting Curtis in and/or out of an LP or is it intended the other way around ??? Fabulous single none the less. Grab it like an Alabama rabbit. 

Thanks, I would grab it but I suspect I already have it as Curtis was never singing on it as he’d left, unless proven otherwise 

Social source share

Hi guys. Trust me the lead vocal take is completely different and nearly a different register to the issue and LP take. Deffo Curtis in lead as all who’ve received one will attest.

Flew out so apologies to those who didn’t get one. Though there’s another 25 count box out there somewhere so it will turn up again. 

Tried to upload the sound file but it’s massive. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

I first seen this sales thread a few days after it was listed, i've had and loved the album and 45s for years so i was interested in a different version and contacted Matt. Unfortunately i was a bit late, they had gone and there wasn't a soundfile available. Matching his picture to a Discogs release, I added it to my wants and got the first copy listed on there a few days later.

I can confirm it is totally different. The first thing you will notice is there's no vocals on the intro with the repeating "My Baby, My Baby". The vocal is more group than someone actually taking the lead and i think i can hear that soft Curtis vocal in there,  deep voiced spoken parts and the bassline does seem prominent in this mix.

I've just got it and will give it more attention soon but for those interested it is VERY different to the one i've known for years.

Although i ended up purchasing from somehere else i'd like to thank Matt for bringing this to my attention

649837108_Impa.jpg.2d91fb63b5220e8badff5a2fd329652c.jpg1103739649_Impb.jpg.9a6b145a9dfe1aed5460dca8d355a09d.jpg

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!