Tomangoes profile photo

Great theater recommendations

Posted

Just got treated to see ' death of a salesman ' in the smoke.

Excellent acting. Nice jazz rifts.

A bit thought provoking for people who have maybe been somebody only to find that as they get older they've become a nobody.

Certainly different to only fools and horses, which was the last show I went to.

Anybody else been out and about to see a recommended show?

Ed

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Most Arthur Miller plays are great to go see - The Crucible , All my sons , A view from the bridge .. all good to go see .

This one is coming to London soon but I saw it in Bristol when it first came out .

This play follows the book and the film which follows Joe Simpson and Simon Yates as they climb the west face of the Siula Grande, becoming the first climbers to reach the summit using the west face. Descending down the north ridge tragedy struck as Simpson slipped down an ice cliff, breaking his right leg.

soul 5375D4BE 5A06 4D64 9745 D54DF7F5BC77

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Went to see Once upon a time in Wigan at the contact theatre on Oxford road in Manchester.  Apart from that my only other visit was to see Phantom of the opera ( Michael Crawford) couldn't wait for half time , bottle of warm beer at extortionate prices,  second half was spent mostly in the toilets smoking.(  You could still smoke in venues then.)  Never again.  The only thing I appreciated was the stage set, canals etc. Hats of to the set people 

Steve 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hamilton. Ground breaking production. Highly recommended.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Went to see musical version of BIG at the weekend, we took our grandson, which was quite good.

Jersey Boys is a must see if still around. Few months after it we to see Frankie Valli live at the Albert Hall 😃

Motown was brilliant when we saw it, of course no underplayed oldies in the songbook but even though an excellent show.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Went to see the Tina Turner Musical earlier this year. Fantastic show, very recommended.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

Went to see the Tina Turner Musical earlier this year. Fantastic show, very recommended.

How did I forget that one, yes defo recommended 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Been to see ‘0ne man two guvnors’ twice, once with James cordon, next time was the touring version, both shows fantastic and so funny.

dreamgirls in the west end was also great 

beautiful- the story of Carole king was great if you like her stuff, so surprised at the amount of famous songs she wrote.

Motown, thought was poor, but my wife thought it was great, might just have been the production we saw though .

ART at the lowery theatre last year was just so funny, all about, well , a piece of art

also went to see hamlet there 2 months before, fell asleep 😴, not for me.

fully recommend ART though 

phil

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I enjoyed Motown. It was a great oppportunity to stroke my chin and bore my other half to death about additional detail and where they got it wrong 😀

One of the best I've seen over the alst few years is Sunny Afternoon which is the story of The Kinks. I didn't expect it to be so good, but I don't think it's running in London anymore.

I've heard great hings about Tina but not been yet.

Every West End show I've seen (aside from Wicked) has been really good. The tickets are expensive but you get what you pay for, which is world class production and performances. 

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Apollo Theatre Or Theater
    All About the SOUL by MBarrett on Sat 08 Feb 2014
    • 24 / 1055
    • Russell Gilbert on 12 Feb 2014
  2. Fantastic Story Of Detroit's Theater Of Dreams
    All About the SOUL by Dave Moore on Tue 20 May 2014
    • 2 / 421
    • Soulfinger on 20 May 2014
  3. Compilation Recommendations?
    Look At Your Box by Guest on Thu 26 Jan 2006
    • 5 / 569
    • daved on 26 Jan 2006
  4. Request For Recommendations
    Look At Your Box by Guest on Sat 22 Apr 2006
    • 6 / 734
    • Guest on 22 Apr 2006
  5. Require Funky Hammond Recommendations
    All About the SOUL by Guest on Thu 02 Apr 2009
    • 19 / 1036
    • on 06 Apr 2009
  6. Any Recommendations
    Look At Your Box by Andy Kempster on Thu 22 Jun 2006
    • 8 / 3381
    • EmJayGee on 18 Jul 2006

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.