News: New Record Label via Deptford Northern Soul Club

Mike

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

They’re digital DJs though aren’t they?  Interesting that they’ve now started putting out vinyl...

If I’m honest, my impression is that their marketing/image  (DNSC T shirts, badges etc) is a higher priority than the music.

Got to admit they seem to be doing well, gigs all over, all though I’ve never been to one , seem to cater for the younger end , seem to be turning into a bit of a brand , anyone been to one of there gigs 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

56 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

They followed me at a festival gig. Couldn't wait to get me and my records out of the booth so that they could set up the camera to film themselves 😝

Think the first time I heard about them was when I saw they were on at Glastonbury, I honestly thought they were a vynil only outfit , seen plenty of there gigs advertised but heard nothing about them 👍

Social source share

Hey Guys,

Lewis here from DNSC. Our aim is to try and get more young people into the music - as we are young ourselves. We play both vinyl and digital at our nights unless otherwise specified as we've only been collecting for a finite amount of time. Obviously we use tactics like filming ourselfs and poster designs (all done by us) to help promote our nights to a younger audience - saying that all ages welcome! Hope to see you on the floor. KTF! ❤️

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, LewisDNSC said:

Hey Guys,

Lewis here from DNSC. Our aim is to try and get more young people into the music - as we are young ourselves. We play both vinyl and digital at our nights unless otherwise specified as we've only been collecting for a finite amount of time. Obviously we use tactics like filming ourselfs and poster designs (all done by us) to help promote our nights to a younger audience - saying that all ages welcome! Hope to see you on the floor. KTF! ❤️

Thanks for the reply Lewis 👍

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 hours ago, LewisDNSC said:

Our aim is to try and get more young people into the music - as we are young ourselves. We play both vinyl and digital at our nights unless otherwise specified

play whatever format you like if people are coming along and enjoying themselves

Social source share

On 31/10/2019 at 08:00, Godzilla said:

They’re digital DJs though aren’t they?  Interesting that they’ve now started putting out vinyl...

If I’m honest, my impression is that their marketing/image  (DNSC T shirts, badges etc) is a higher priority than the music.

Quite agree, mention themselves more than Lester on the label...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 06/11/2019 at 12:09, Davenpete said:

Are these the guys that did Glastonbury?

Dx

Yes, although there was at least one other original vinyl soul DJ there, he was mightily cheesed they got the limelight for a digital set however.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!