Mike profile photo

News: New Record Label via Deptford Northern Soul Club

Posted
News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Word going round about a new 'modern reissue ' record label starting up from the Deptford Northern Soul Club people. First release at the end of November.

View full article

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

To quote Gwen Owens-Wanted and Needed?

There I`ve said it!

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

They’re digital DJs though aren’t they?  Interesting that they’ve now started putting out vinyl...

If I’m honest, my impression is that their marketing/image  (DNSC T shirts, badges etc) is a higher priority than the music.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

They’re digital DJs though aren’t they?  Interesting that they’ve now started putting out vinyl...

If I’m honest, my impression is that their marketing/image  (DNSC T shirts, badges etc) is a higher priority than the music.

Got to admit they seem to be doing well, gigs all over, all though I’ve never been to one , seem to cater for the younger end , seem to be turning into a bit of a brand , anyone been to one of there gigs 👍

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Gogger said:

Got to admit they seem to be doing well, gigs all over, all though I’ve never been to one , seem to cater for the younger end , seem to be turning into a bit of a brand , anyone been to one of there gigs 👍

They followed me at a festival gig. Couldn't wait to get me and my records out of the booth so that they could set up the camera to film themselves 😝

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
56 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

They followed me at a festival gig. Couldn't wait to get me and my records out of the booth so that they could set up the camera to film themselves 😝

Think the first time I heard about them was when I saw they were on at Glastonbury, I honestly thought they were a vynil only outfit , seen plenty of there gigs advertised but heard nothing about them 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hey Guys,

Lewis here from DNSC. Our aim is to try and get more young people into the music - as we are young ourselves. We play both vinyl and digital at our nights unless otherwise specified as we've only been collecting for a finite amount of time. Obviously we use tactics like filming ourselfs and poster designs (all done by us) to help promote our nights to a younger audience - saying that all ages welcome! Hope to see you on the floor. KTF! ❤️

• Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
18 minutes ago, LewisDNSC said:

Hey Guys,

Lewis here from DNSC. Our aim is to try and get more young people into the music - as we are young ourselves. We play both vinyl and digital at our nights unless otherwise specified as we've only been collecting for a finite amount of time. Obviously we use tactics like filming ourselfs and poster designs (all done by us) to help promote our nights to a younger audience - saying that all ages welcome! Hope to see you on the floor. KTF! ❤️

Thanks for the reply Lewis 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, LewisDNSC said:

Our aim is to try and get more young people into the music - as we are young ourselves. We play both vinyl and digital at our nights unless otherwise specified

play whatever format you like if people are coming along and enjoying themselves

• Up vote 4
  • Disagree 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hopefully this re-release will make the original a less interesting prospect to play, and hopefully the price will drop and I'll get a chance to complete my La Beat collection :D

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 31/10/2019 at 08:00, Godzilla said:

Quite agree, mention themselves more than Lester on the label...

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Are these the guys that did Glastonbury?

Dx

Edited by Davenpete
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. News News News - Then Use The Submit News Feature Please
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Thu 19 Jun 2014
    • 4 / 599
    • mike on 26 Jun 2014
  2. News: Ever-Soul Label - a new label and its first release from Daptone
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Sat 19 Jan 2008
    • 1 / 276
    • mike on 19 Jan 2008
  3. News: Richard Searling Blog - New Book, Record Label And Spurs
    All About the SOUL by Dave Thorley on Fri 29 Oct 2010
    • 4 / 2231
    • Soul Discovery on 30 Nov 2010
  4. News: Record Revivals - New Real World Record Store Scarborough
    All About the SOUL by Godzilla on Wed 20 Dec 2017
    • 5 / 512
    • Godzilla on 20 Dec 2017
  5. News: New Label Bigman Records Bull New Release News
    All About the SOUL by Mark Bicknell on Wed 04 Oct 2017
    • 2 / 421
    • Mark Bicknell on 06 Oct 2017
  6. News: Sad News Eugene Record RIP
    All About the SOUL by Goldwax on Thu 28 Jul 2005
    • 1 / 288
    • Goldwax on 28 Jul 2005

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.