News: Sad News - Jackie Moore RIP

Mike

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Sad News. What an immensely soulful voice. Never forget hearing "This Time Baby" for the first time in the funk room at the Howard Mallett Club in Cambridge circa 1978 I think.  Rest In Peace Jackie Moore.

Social source share

1983,   the place was a dump of a Night club in Grantham.     I was talking to a new found friend,  he loved the 'Philly' type stuff,  who brought  a record along to play (bearing in mind this was a nightclub ? )   it was 'This time baby'    by Jackie Moore ,   which he asked me to play . 

i bought it the  following week,   still have it and still love it .    last time i spun it was the the Wellingborough weekend  (modern room) ...  maybe i should play it again.      Wonderful singer,    wonderful tributes ! 

Social source share

Very sad news another Great has gone  R.I.P. Jackie Moore..  I loved This Time Baby from the moment I first heard it at a Night Club in Bournemouth in the late 1970's this Track really stood out amongst the other records played at the time, for me So Soulful but with a touch of Disco to please everybody on the Dance Floor...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!