Coolnotes profile photo

New cars that don't play CD's crisis looming dinosaur !!

Posted

We are not there yet but car politics see us considering a change of car .. and ditching a Megane that has failed to impress ,and considering Citroen C3. What the Megane has over the C3 and apparently a lot of new cars is a CD player , for me the most important item in the car. Cars to me are music on wheels , and I was dismayed to find that the latest C3 doesn't come with a CD player and requires a tech dinosaur to adjust to Blue tooth, down loads, i tunes , USB Sticks which to date Ive avoided . Some car forms suggest Wirless Streaming Portable CD players , but they have mixed reviews. I let go of my vinyl about a year ago , which was heart breaking but this is a step too far. ! Has anyone bought a 'super mini/small hatchback ' type car dated 2016 - 19 which does have a CD player as standard. ? or had to make the adjustment to music from a phone ?  

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Parents bought a new mg with no CD player 

I had to transfer all music to mp3s to USB flash drive then plug that in or use an ipod. 

Upside is I can get thousands of tracks and cds on one drive

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I just plug my phone in now and play mixcloud or use a USB - saves fannying about for CDs and the dangerous driving aspect, I don't miss my CD player but I do miss a tape player

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes I miss the tape player.  I bought my last car because it had a tape player - Lots of us have loads of old tapes (Well if you kept em) that have really obscure tunes on. These will be completely lost / not heard thanks to this technology lark.

Good luck with finding a suitable car c/w CD Player!

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

You know you want one of these really, a car 7" player.

soul 222

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

thanks for the tips and advice guys .. Im loving that 7 inch single player .!!! . I assume it only does one side at a time !

Im going to hold out on matching a car with a CD player before I reluctantly try to embrace digital options. I admit plastic cases can litter up the car a bit but I still need something tangible to pick up, examine , read, as part of the musical experience . KTF. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I had the same issue a year ago. Finally I got a Dacia and they fitted a Kenwood CD player for me. My problem was the time it takes to transfer a CD to MP3 is about 12 minutes each - I timed it, I've got hundreds if not thousands of them so it would take literally weeks. It has also got Spotify and MP3 and actually I've moved more towards MP3's since getting it, Spotify is also great - picks up where you left off last time you were in the car. Next time I know I won't be able to get a CD player so will have to make time to transfer them all. 

Edited by Timillustrator
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Bit big for what you want by the sound of things but my Ford kuga 2.0 titanium X has a CD player , along with a internet radio player , Bluetooth,  DAB, and numerous interactive connections for devices and streaming.  Too technical for me. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 18/11/2019 at 15:05, Winsford Soul said:

Bit big for what you want by the sound of things but my Ford kuga 2.0 titanium X has a CD player , along with a internet radio player , Bluetooth,  DAB, and numerous interactive connections for devices and streaming.  Too technical for me. 

Me too but I've sort of figured out the Spotify function which is great - you can get a Spotify playlist or even everything by an artist and every time you get in the car it picks up where you left off. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 14/11/2019 at 08:16, Coolnotes said:

We are not there yet but car politics see us considering a change of car .. and ditching a Megane that has failed to impress ,and considering Citroen C3. What the Megane has over the C3 and apparently a lot of new cars is a CD player , for me the most important item in the car. Cars to me are music on wheels , and I was dismayed to find that the latest C3 doesn't come with a CD player and requires a tech dinosaur to adjust to Blue tooth, down loads, i tunes , USB Sticks which to date Ive avoided . Some car forms suggest Wirless Streaming Portable CD players , but they have mixed reviews. I let go of my vinyl about a year ago , which was heart breaking but this is a step too far. ! Has anyone bought a 'super mini/small hatchback ' type car dated 2016 - 19 which does have a CD player as standard. ? or had to make the adjustment to music from a phone ?  

Polo tsi cd player in glovebox.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

mine has Apple carplay and use that for spotify, itunes, audible, just choose an option when get in car before setting off

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Buy an older car and benefit from better build quality, greater reliability and a cd to boot !

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Ken Jenson - Box Cars
    Record Sales by Tommaso on Thu 30 Oct 2008
    • 1 / 403
    • Tommaso on 30 Oct 2008
  2. Chrome How To Remove Rust - Scooter S And Old Classic Cars
    Freebasing by Zoomsoulblue on Sun 28 Dec 2014
    • 21 / 1354
    • baz1 on 24 Mar 2018
  3. Vinyl, Italian cars and 70s Soul
    Freebasing by Mike on Fri 04 Sep 2015
    • 4 / 731
    • tim smithers on 06 Sep 2015
  4. Driverless cars
    Freebasing by Frankie Crocker on Mon 19 Mar 2018
    • 153 / 4178
    • Frankie Crocker on 03 Apr 2018
  5. dogs in cars
    Freebasing by Tattoodave on Thu 05 Jul 2018
    • 3 / 358
    • Karen Wheeldon on 05 Jul 2018
  6. Suburban Soul Club *new New New*
    Events Archive by Northern Soul Uk on Sat 20 Feb 2010
    • 2 / 320
    • Northern Soul UK on 24 Feb 2010

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.