Interview

Hello,

My name is Faye. I am an undergraduate student looking to interview people for my dissertation. If you are into Soul music, aged 48 to 52, Northern English, or at least living in the Greater Manchester area during the late 1960's, early 1970's and would like to take part in a short and painless interview, please email me at faye68@hotmail.com. it will help to prove the social importance of the Northern Soul scene. Many Thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Alright mate, my dad was about on the soul scene from early 70's. He lived in burnley( not far from mcr) and went to all the venues at that time. im sure he'd be happy to have a short interview. this is his email.

brian.barker@smiths-burnley.com

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Hello,

it will help to prove the social importance of the Northern Soul scene.

link

Eh? Wassat then? Bunch of miserable old buggers on drugs. Like your average nursing home but noisier. Is that socially important?

Social source share

She'll get a couple of interviews and that's half the dissertation. Probably end up with at least a 2-1 without even gettin out of bed..I dunno students these days,they don't know they're born.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Reg Molehusband
Social source share

Eh?  Wassat then?  Bunch of miserable old buggers on drugs.  Like your average nursing home but noisier.  Is that socially important?

link

Oh I think this is very interesting. As a scene it was and is social, and how important it is we can see after the dissertation.

I'd be very interested to read it when it's finished.

I'm thinkig of something similar for my work to become a Magister of Arts here in Germany, but more under a cultural point of view.

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert