JMAuction - 20/11/2019 - Results

Zanetti

47 minutes ago, Garswood said:

True image - if ever there was a case of rarity over quality, then this has to be it, whoever paid over 2k for this needs there heads testing, it’s a nice soul tune at best but not worth the price tag... imo   I’m shocked to be honest...Phil 

Got to agree its pretty average I’d hardly want to file this alongside flowers or natural impulse.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Got to agree its pretty average I’d hardly want to file this alongside flowers or natural impulse.

They're all modern but I  associate 45s you mention more with 2-step/rare groove/London scene which has kinda merged into ours rather than Northern 70's style from Mecca or late Wigan.

TI is more "I'm so happy" vein. Immediate, bouncy, sing-a-long.

Knew on first hearing it would be popular.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

They're all modern but I  associate 45s you mention more with 2-step/rare groove/London scene which has kinda merged into ours rather than Northern 70's style from Mecca or late Wigan.

TI is more "I'm so happy" vein. Immediate, bouncy, sing-a-long.

Knew on first hearing it would be popular.

I can see the appeal of the track it’s very obvious and immediate I just don’t think it warrants grail status.

i actually really like “I’m so happy” so it’s not the style of the 45 just the quality for me is missing.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
8 hours ago, Supercorsa said:

I could be wrong, but Charades seems cheaper than some I've seen listed for set sale recently? 

agree, there's been a few in the recent auctions where I wish I'd bidded, might take a punt soon

Social source share

13 hours ago, Garswood said:

True image - if ever there was a case of rarity over quality, then this has to be it, whoever paid over 2k for this needs there heads testing, it’s a nice soul tune at best but not worth the price tag... imo   I’m shocked to be honest...Phil 

I agree, In the thirty odd years I have been aware of this record the chances I have had to buy it runs well into double figers, too poppy too catchy, saved by the lead. So I doubt it would of been a keeper for long .I've seen far less copies in that period of True Image 'Come what may' on Flowers, superior listning pleasure IMO.

Social source share

13 hours ago, Garswood said:

13 hours ago, Dylan said:

Surprised at these comments - very near the top of the pile for me in terms of 90's niter tunes, love it

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!