Frank Wilson. Do I love you. Value?

Pablorally

15 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

Old news ... if any of you had read the thread recently that is  ..... 

Yep, sorry I just got carried away (again). I thought Steve would keep his wallet zipped up.

I would totally absolutely love to know from Lee why and why so much

We all know that money usually makes money, but in this case ......????

Social source share

Tim B sez

STOP PRESS - Frank Wilson sells for a million quid!
Yes its my copy... and Paul Pugba just couldn't resist. I handed it over with a full face mask and tongs used for handling enriched plutonium borrowed from Sellafield. TikTok was not present. 
Despite comments from other sources he knew it played okay as he was at the Ritz 'Rarest Of The Rare' allnighter when I played it in front of 1200 people. 
P.S. Smile alert, smile alert, smile alert... some of the above is true, some of it is false. Apply your own common sense. 
P.P.S. And as reported in the Daily Sport... Pugba is quoted as saying, "with this and Leicester Tipped-'un going for £500,000 I will be applying for a hefty wage increase at Mancaster United'. (T.B.) 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

There's only 3 people who will ever know, the buyer the seller and the Inbetween man. Wouldn't surprise me, as people seem to pay any amount for shagged big money record's. So in the grand skeem of things £100k for a decent copy of DILY  is believable 

Edited by Speedlimit
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Speedlimit said:

There's only 3 people who will ever know, the buyer the seller and the Inbetween man. Wouldn't surprise me, as people seem to pay any amount for shagged big money record's. So in the grand skeem of things £100k for a decent copy of DILY  is believable 

And at the end of the day it's up to the purchaser what price they are prepared to pay for an item.. and if you can afford that price, then why not.. I know I would if I was in a position to 😎

All I can say is Good Luck to Lee, and I'm genuinely pleased for him 👍 but have to ask how come your dad didn't receive it for Fathers Day lol

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Ficklefingers said:

And at the end of the day it's up to the purchaser what price they are prepared to pay for an item.. and if you can afford that price, then why not.. I know I would if I was in a position to 😎

All I can say is Good Luck to Lee, and I'm genuinely pleased for him 👍 but have to ask how come your dad didn't receive it for Fathers Day lol

Oh dear

Wonder what all the poor folks who are losing their jobs at the moment and having to got to food banks to feed their families would think, perhaps they may be pleased, the soul scene just gets worse

Social source share

The figure of 100K is unconfirmed. Lee has said he is not going to disclose the actual value. The figure mentioned by the media is pure speculation. Newspapers have become too willing to manufacture fake facts to fill column inches, something that is reprehensible but they get away with it all they time by cribbing from other media sources. The actual value of the transaction may never emerge as only Lee and the seller know the figure involved and have decided to avoid publicity. If I was Lee and I’d just got married, I’d not want my missus to know the figure either...

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 10/08/2020 at 18:50, Chalky said:

Tim B sez

STOP PRESS - Frank Wilson sells for a million quid!
Yes its my copy... and Paul Pugba just couldn't resist. I handed it over with a full face mask and tongs used for handling enriched plutonium borrowed from Sellafield. TikTok was not present. 
Despite comments from other sources he knew it played okay as he was at the Ritz 'Rarest Of The Rare' allnighter when I played it in front of 1200 people. 
P.S. Smile alert, smile alert, smile alert... some of the above is true, some of it is false. Apply your own common sense. 
P.P.S. And as reported in the Daily Sport... Pugba is quoted as saying, "with this and Leicester Tipped-'un going for £500,000 I will be applying for a hefty wage increase at Mancaster United'. (T.B.) 

I honestly wish Tim would let this jealousy go with John Manship. He really makes himself look stupid in my opinion. All the digs on his lists etc..... unnecessary.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Mgm 1251 said:

Was it not Tim who sourced and bought this particular(The Kenny) copy to the market,in conjunction with Martin Koppell?....so I believe....

Ron Murphy got it from a former ARP Plant manager, sold it to Martin when he sold up and Martin later sold it to Kenny. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

I am not at all surprised.

The thing is, there are so many people in the world nowadays with spectacular levels of wealth. From footballers to oligarchs to tech wonderkids to property tycoons......etc. They are now surprisingly common and the Internet makes the world into a global village. 

And even if they are not into soul music, the bragging rights of owning the worlds most expensive single for a mere £125k would be a bit of fun for them. 

And once the £100k Frank Wilson sale made global news (I read it in The Times) its open season. 

All imo. 

Sad but true. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!