Aaron Neville

Soulpw

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 6
  • Views 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I pulled a good one on Mr. Aaron Neville himself at a radio and records convention in New Orleans around the late 90s; I was working for a record label in Burbank at the time and knew Neville was going to be there; I had it all planned out: I saw Neville as he came in for the meet and greet, ran over to him, saying, "Oh, Mr. Neville, it's so good to meet you!" Neville looked at me like, who is this guy? I continued, "You may not know it but I am a singer, too," so full of myself. Neville gave a chuckle; then I went for the kill. Looking straight into his eyes with a big grin, I asked, "Do you think you could get me an audition with Par-Lo Records?"  With that, Neville closed his eyes and let out a laugh, but I was not done yet. "Oh no, Mr. Neville, I won't sing your hit song," I said as I grabbed his arm---it was like a rock. Giving Neville direct eye contact again, I slowly said, "This is the song I am going to sing," and with that, I went into a slow dance and sang the chorus of "She Took You For A Ride." Neville's eyes nearly popped out and I had his FULL attention. "Do you know I wanted THAT song to come out first?" asked Neville, who continued, "I was outvoted and, well, you know the rest." My boss saw Neville with me and of course had to muscle his way into the conversation. We took a pic, my pointing at Neville. I loved that single as well as the full Par-Lo album, the whole thing still remains a complete masterpiece. Love you always Mr. Aaron Neville; and thanks Mother, you taught me that to get an artist's attention, don't say your name or their hit song or movie, come out with their most obscure work and you will get their attention; I have pulled this on Little Richard, Fats Domino, Mickie Champion, Joe Bataan, Ike Turner and too many more to name; love you Mother!

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...