Amsterdam Russ profile photo

No event comment notifications

Posted

Hi Mike,

On the event page for our forthcoming weekender in Amsterdam, I've only just now seen two comments posted by members in September and October. Both members are enquiring about buying tickets.

Event page here:

I was under the impression that at the point of setting up events there was an 'advise me of replies/follow this content' type of function, which I'm adamant I had checked. In going through the process of setting up an event a few minutes ago to see if there is a function to enable notifications, I could not see one (but feel certain there used to be one at the time I created the weekend event in Soul Source).

Have I simply missed it or is the only way to get notifications to check the 'follow this content' function after completing the event set-up process. Likely I've lost a couple of ticket sales because I hadn't received any notifications. I'd like to ensure I know exactly what to do in future so that I can avoid situations like this.

TIA.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hi Russ

Your notification setups can be checked via your profile page

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/notifications/options/

It should if set up correctly send you a notification via email or pm or both to your event post

Had a look at your account settings, as you only have pms set then suggest maybe check your pms?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Thanks for the reply, Mike.

There are no PMs relating to post notifications at all, and the pop-up for PMs works perfectly whenever I do receive messages.

In my settings, as shown in the screen grab, does the "automatically follow new content I post" setting include events? If so, then it's not working for me.

A-settings.thumb.png.fe052ed0b21973fd76fe0bc6aa09bc08.png

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

my error on the pms sent info

the options are notifications and/or emails

as you have  "automatically follow new content I post"  ticked it should after posting a event,  have you set up automatically to be following the actual event

i have just tested via  a test account and seems ok, but can you post a test event and let me know if the automatic 'following' kicks in 

this may be the issue here

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

more digging

it may be a time/prune issue

there is a 'prune notifications' feature on content where if there are no replies after a certain amount of time all the followers are dropped off and all notifications are only stored for a certain amount of time

guess this is done for performance reasons

think this may have happened here Russ

have extended both 'certain amount of times' to 5 weeks but do suggest that it will always be best if promoters do come back to events and check events every couple of weeks or so

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Have created a test event, which can be found here:

In the set-up process, I saw that the "notify me..." function was automatically checked. And with the event saved, I am 'following' it.

As the 'notify me' is on by default (and I most certainly wouldn't have set it to "off"), I'm not sure why I'm not 'following' the weekender event and receiving notification of posts. Indeed, I didn't get a notification about the test post you added (but if I'm not 'following' the event, I guess I wouldn't get a notification).

Looking back at the listing of previous events I've added, I see a number of comments from months/years past that I never received any notifications for. I'm seeing these for the very first time now.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/profile/9478-amsterdam-russ/content/?type=calendar_event&sortby=event_saved&sortdirection=desc}

<Added> Just read your post about pruning, etc, and hope this is where the issue lies. Next time around I'll be doubly sure to check the "notify me" is on throughout the event set-up process.

soul A NotifyMe

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Looking back a

<Added> Just read your post about pruning, etc, and hope this is where the issue lies. Next time around I'll be doubly sure to check the "notify me" is on throughout the event set-up process.

Russ

looking at the dates and past events etc etc am fairly sure that this is what has happened , eg your 'following' was dropped after a certain amount of time - it's now set to 5 weeks 

thanks for your help in tracking it down

mike

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

OK, thanks for your help, Mike.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Site Stuff - Support Forum

Site related support and feedback forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. New Feature : Notifications (Inc Mobile Push)
    Events Archive by Mike on Wed 30 Jun 2010
    • 5 / 901
    • mike on 11 Jul 2010
  2. Notifications - Settings
    Site Stuff by Mike on Thu 19 Nov 2015
    • 1 / 495
    • mike on 19 Nov 2015
  3. Notifications - May have increased ? Read for settings
    Site Stuff by Mike on Thu 14 Jan 2016
    • 1 / 504
    • mike on 14 Jan 2016
  4. Sales Feedback feature gets notifications
    Site Stuff by Mike on Sat 19 Nov 2016
    • 1 / 1014
    • mike on 19 Nov 2016
  5. Email notifications
    Freebasing by Pete Eccles on Mon 15 May 2017
    • 19 / 1042
    • Steve S 60 on 17 May 2017
  6. Notifications
    Site Stuff by Neal Bull on Mon 05 Jun 2017
    • 9 / 889
    • dylan on 08 Jun 2017

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.