I thought this a nice story that would be of interest -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50661868 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Len.  Great article mate, very interesting.

Parallel universe we have that with the Kenwood suite,  Grumpy soul,  Wrong crowd amongst others compared to the top 500  oldies venues 

Steve 

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

ThNks for posting

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hey up Len - thanks for posting up that link - I'd spotted it a week or so ago and kept meaning to read it (as you do).

I knew Moey back in the early nineties when both of us were DJing on the blossoming pirate radio scene in and around Bradford back then. He was the first Asian DJ that I knew of; in any group of people there's always one or two that think differently and somehow always seem to be just that one step ahead of the others; that's how I'd describe Moey.

Derek

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

In the late 90s a mate and i ran a few Soul Nights (upstairs) at the Time & Place night club In Bradford, Moey was the Leasee/owner of the club and i found him a very friendly enthusiastic guy, he packed the place out downstairs.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
12 hours ago, Derek Pearson said:

Hey up Len - thanks for posting up that link - I'd spotted it a week or so ago and kept meaning to read it (as you do).

I knew Moey back in the early nineties when both of us were DJing on the blossoming pirate radio scene in and around Bradford back then. He was the first Asian DJ that I knew of; in any group of people there's always one or two that think differently and somehow always seem to be just that one step ahead of the others; that's how I'd describe Moey.

Derek

Hi Derek,

Interesting insight, nicely put - Thanks.

On our Scene, I'd describe the few that are not DJs as the ones that 'think differently and somehow always seem to be just that one step ahead of the others' :D

Cheers,

Len :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Whispers Love Story lp
    Record Wants by Concrete on Fri 06 Dec 2019
    • 1 / 140
    • Concrete on 06 Dec 2019
  2. The Tempests: A Carolina Soul Story BACK IN STOCK!
    Soul Website Sales by Windlesoul on Wed 04 Dec 2019
    • 1 / 223
    • Windlesoul on 04 Dec 2019
  3. Jack Alan Goga - Motown writer - Shocking end and story
    All About the SOUL by Blackpoolsoul on Tue 03 Dec 2019
    • 2 / 321
    • The Yank on 03 Dec 2019
  4. Excello Records Story!
    Soul Website Sales by Windlesoul on Thu 21 Nov 2019
    • 1 / 308
    • Windlesoul on 21 Nov 2019

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.