New releases 2020

Johndelve

Guest Shufflin
On 29/02/2020 at 10:17, Soulstrutter said:

I know some sellers limit to a max of 2 for that very reason but it doesn't take many to buy up all the stock and then flood Discogs with them for double or more the price.  Same thing happens with 100 Club anniversary singles

discogs scalpers are the pits, surprising who does that

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

very nice Andy, a review of the LP here for anyone interested

https://ukvibe.org/album_reviews/roland-johnson/

same site gives the new Devonns LP a 5/5 rating

Social source share

On 03/03/2020 at 20:41, Chalky said:

Cliff Steele one of the first onto The Roland Johnson, who I got my copy from.

have the Devonns on pre order

Got mine direct from source , together with some nice comp stickers for the record box - 

Paul Niehaus 

www.bluelotusrecordings.com

Saint Louis, Missouri

Edited by Andybellwood
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

new 45 on Daptone sub label "Penrose" (they've actually released 5 new 45's for pre-order from different soul groups on the new Penrose label to coincide with the live tour)

Edited by Shufflin
added live version
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

one of the 45's is a previous release, the other LP bundle is a 50 issue with the new 45 only

then there is the limnited edition LP no 45 release - marketing

doesn't get released until April be surprised if doesn't sell out - but who cares if you like it

Social source share

28 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

one of the 45's is a previous release, the other LP bundle is a 50 issue with the new 45 only

then there is the limnited edition LP no 45 release - marketing

doesn't get released until April be surprised if doesn't sell out - but who cares if you like it

I like what I heard so I bought one 😉 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 03/03/2020 at 21:12, Andybellwood said:

Got mine direct from source , together with some nice comp stickers for the record box - 

Paul Niehaus 

www.bluelotusrecordings.com

Saint Louis, Missouri

Word has it Roland Johnson 'set your mind free' will be a  future 45 release on Mark Anderson's MD Records .

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this today (19-3-20) thought it very nice, a track to listen to with the lights turned real low and a glass of wine to sooth the soul, (in my case a cup of tea)

Rest of the album a bit so so but this track is real nice and the Gal can sing. From the album 'Stand Up!'  By Whitney Shay - Track.... I never meant to love him, hope you like it........Rick

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Maybe it's because I've had more time - but some great new tunes from Bobby & Steve, GLOW, J.D's Time Machine, Frank Addai, Warryn Campbell, Binky Womack, Lukas Setto & others being played at present. New Tower of Power album has some non-funk Modern Soul, Monophonics album sees their evolution progress towards the late 60s/early 70s.  It is a challenging time in society but there is some great music around too.

Edited by Thinksmart
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On 06/03/2020 at 19:01, Soulfusion said:

Just pre-ordered the Devonns LP from Bandcamp complete with 2 limited edition 7"

Has anyone else who ordered this from Bandcamp received it yet? According to the delivery estimate it has been shipped and should have arrived by 26 March but I've not had mine yet. It is coming from Italy though.....

Social source share

21 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

Has anyone else who ordered this from Bandcamp received it yet? According to the delivery estimate it has been shipped and should have arrived by 26 March but I've not had mine yet. It is coming from Italy though.....

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, maybe three

Social source share

Brand new and Ltd to 300 copies the wonderful Dutch Robinson with one of the best soul sides i have heard in a very long while, got mine from Simply Soul and they should fly out so don't sleep on it, It Builds and Builds * 'B' side is very good too mmmmmmmm Rick

• Up vote 1
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

On 28/03/2020 at 19:31, Soulfusion said:

My Devonns LP finally arrived today; must have been quarantined!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

An absolute must for me (be warned the site is being updated for the release soon so don't shoot the messenger)

CHUCK SLAY – ALL I NEED IS YOU AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER (soon ?)

APRIL 19, 2020

UK label Six Nine records are proud to present their latest in a long line of anticipated releases, this time partnering with Detroit’s Chuck Slay for his 45 All I Need Is You

Great house mix on the flip

You can here it and link here

https://www.shinyl.co.uk/chuck-slay-all-i-need-is-you-available-on-pre-order-now/?fbclid=IwAR1AAGihrJLQoSaqbB_b8qwImZQ0sZqB5fTrLYAIWoksno54f1zmCiSHoAk

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

52 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

"Dolemite" would would make a Great Single but for now a Brand New Movie Album Track

(missed out on this myself as flew out same Day it Came out)Not Surprisingly 🙁  

Didn’t realise had been released on vinyl 🤷🏼‍♂️

Loved the film 🎥 

Edited by Richard
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 24/04/2020 at 21:51, Mark R said:

This should set a few pulses racing...........

94264000_4041254702566316_7546633700897718272_n.thumb.jpg.99a725183c45c5cc5589ecdc9090449d.jpg

Cheers,

Mark R

Fantastic track, just a pitty it's taken 25 years to see a 45 release. I'm sure that will inspire more 45 releases of the bottom less pitt of quality CD tracks from the last 30 years, sadly which many failed to buy through shallow reasons only known to themselves. Well done Patrick and Mark R for raising it's profile.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!