New releases 2020

Johndelve

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Joshua  & the Beholders 'hurt so bad' 

Can't wait to give this one its dj set debut and radio show plays . From their outstanding new release Lp - hopefully some enterprising label will pick up and release as a 45 !

Edited by Andybellwood
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Andybellwood said:

Jason Joshua  & the Beholders 'hurt so bad' 

Can't wait to give this one its dj set debut and radio show plays . From their outstanding new release Lp - hopefully some enterprising label will pick up and release as a 45 !

Great shout 👍

Are You Ready is a tip-top track as well 🙂

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moses Patrou - Standby Lover on Soul Tune released just this week.

I got this lovely double -header (backed with 'Good Enough') in the post yesterday. I can't find a clip on YouTube but this is a link where you can get it directly from Simply Soul and can listen to the samples:

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product/moses-patrou-standby-lover-good-enough-7-vinyl-pre-order-in-stock-6-20/

Social source share

On 16/07/2020 at 12:25, Johndelve said:

It doesn't look like anyone has yet mentioned Don Bryant's extraordinarily good new LP, "You Make Me Feel"

Great CD which i posted up on 8th July up on Favourite 2020 Soul plays Thread Which it was at the time (and still is), Should have put it on here as would have reached a few more people (which it Has) so Well done you 🙂As you say Cracked up over you is excellent and worth the price of the CD for That track Alone

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just recieved info on this one .. 

'Hi folks now available from Deltaphonic Records -

Jamie & The Numbers new 7" single "Magic Touch"

Limited Edition x300 7" vinyl singles (all numbered)...get them while you can. 

$20.00 - NZ

p&p Europe $20/ NZ $5/ Aus $13.50 (up to 4 singles)

https://youtu.be/k3IEEw6JIY4    

Available from -

Moonhop Records (Petone - Wellington) 

RPM (Cuba - St Wellington) 

Slow Boat Records (Cuba St - Wellington) 

Discogs

also via 

Deltaphonic Records (Facebook link) https://www.facebook.com/DeltaphonicR... 

+ Digital platforms (to follow)

Regards Simon'

Social source share

On 30/09/2020 at 14:16, Mike said:

Maya Azucena’s ‘Changed My Mind’ by Anthony Nicholson.

Artist: Maya Azucena

Title: Changed My Mind (Anthony Nicholson Remix)

Label: Clairaudience

Release: 10th September 2020 (Traxsource) 20th September 2020 (Streaming) 25th September 2020 (Worldwide)

Cat No: CA135

Format: Digital

Anthony Nicholson remixes Award-winning Indie Soul singer Maya Azucena’s ‘Changed My Mind’, turning in a range of exceptional versions.

Chicago’s Anthony Nicholson has a storied history in dance music. For decades he has been crafting some of the best house music around, with releases under a host of aliases as well as being an established international touring DJ. Hailing from Brooklyn NY, Maya Azucena’s long list of collaborators, appearances and credits include a Grammy-Winning recording with Stephen Marley, DJ Jonathan Peters for Ultra Records, a chart topping #3 Billboard dance single on KULT Records, and more.

The ‘Miquifaye Vocal’ sees Anthony retain the soul of the original, sprinkling the gorgeous piano licks and synthesizer work of William Kurk on top of a rolling drum pattern and languid bassline to create a blissed out slice of deep, jazzy house.

The ‘Instrumix’ does exactly what it says on the tin, allowing Anthony’s exceptional production skills to shine through, while the ‘Beatless Pass..’ strips away all but the essential elements, allowing Maya’s sublime vocal talents to take front and centre.

Maya Azucena ‘Changed My Mind (Anthony Nicholson Remix)’ comes out on Clairaudience with a Traxsource exclusive on the 10th, via streaming platforms on the 20th, and worldwide on 25th

It's good to see this given a new lease of life. She's a talented singer. Her first album in 2003, Maya Who?!, was one of the best of a crop of great independent CDs around that period.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

just out digital wise

LEE FIELDS & THE EXPRESSIONS
"TWO TIMER"
OUT NOW DIGITALLY

If you have seen Lee Fields & The Expressions live show in the last 8 years there’s a good chance that you caught them opening the night with their cover of “Two Timer”. Lee stays faithful to the original  Little Carl Carlton version but adds a new grit with his vocals while The Expressions put a ton of umph into the backing track. Die hard fans will be elated to finally have a studio recording of this one to play over and over.

Social source share

NEW LADY WRAY
"STORMS"

There is a new Lady Wray album in the works. If you look at the tunes that we released from it already you can get a feel for what is to come. “Piece Of Me”, “Come On In”, and now The Queen of The Castle, Lady Wray, drops “Storms”. “Storms” is a gem of a record with Lady Wray again bringing her heart & soul to the table. You can hear her whole career in this tune, from the Church, to the Hip Hop / R&B, to the Soul. The new album drops in 2021 and is produced entirely by Leon Michels of El Michels Affair.  Stay tuned.

Social source share

41 minutes ago, Mike said:

NEW LADY WRAY
"STORMS"

There is a new Lady Wray album in the works. If you look at the tunes that we released from it already you can get a feel for what is to come. “Piece Of Me”, “Come On In”, and now The Queen of The Castle, Lady Wray, drops “Storms”. “Storms” is a gem of a record with Lady Wray again bringing her heart & soul to the table. You can hear her whole career in this tune, from the Church, to the Hip Hop / R&B, to the Soul. The new album drops in 2021 and is produced entirely by Leon Michels of El Michels Affair.  Stay tuned.

for some reason won't play but it is sure to be an essential purchase, her last Lp was superb.

Social source share

21 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Just loving this at the mo, got mine on pre order at Juno On a 4 Track 12" (That will put a few off LOL) Estimated release Date 4th December 2020

Gabriels - Love & Hate In A Different Time........Gonna be a Biggie, Rick😉

Agree good tune. Joe Soap posted it earlier on 11/10/20 and got several likes.

Edited by Autumnstoned
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 28/10/2020 at 14:24, Autumnstoned said:

Agree good tune. Joe Soap posted it earlier on 11/10/20 and got several likes.

Yes, I Have ToSay  It Was Joe Soaps Post That Sent Me Into Search Mode (Thank You)

Didn't Want The Many Folks Who Put Likes On Joes Post To Miss Out On The Fact It Was On Pre-Order

As It Has Been Getting Lots Of National Radio Play so people are going be all over it as MR would Say 🤗

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 28/10/2020 at 17:37, Mark R said:

I've been trying to think of the sample on this for 30 mins now. I've got the tune in my head from verse to chorus and still can't think what it is. I know it's very well known. Somebody help me please? I'm going to kick myself. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!