New releases 2020

Johndelve

24 minutes ago, Daved said:

I've been trying to think of the sample on this for 30 mins now. I've got the tune in my head from verse to chorus and still can't think what it is. I know it's very well known. Somebody help me please? I'm going to kick myself. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Talking of Charlie Wilson here is a new video he's done for Covid-19 relief. He's put a new vocal at the beginning and at the end

When I was young Eagle (as opposed to the clipped version these days) this was one of those tunes that my wife and I just loved - outstanding. It had to be the Gap Band version and not Kenny Thomas.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2020 at 10:24, Daved said:

I've been trying to think of the sample on this for 30 mins now. I've got the tune in my head from verse to chorus and still can't think what it is. I know it's very well known. Somebody help me please? I'm going to kick myself. 

Weekend Girl The SOS Band also copied a lot of the Isley’s bass line 

Edited by Richard
Social source share

new album out today

BIG CROWN VAULTS VOL. 1
LEE FIELDS & THE EXPRESSIONS
OUT TODAY

Happy Release Day to Lee Fields & The Expressions.  Big Crown Vaults Vol. 1 is out worldwide today.  Enjoy the record at all digital outlets or visit your favorite record shop for the LP & CD.  

We are always sitting on a handful of unreleased songs that didn’t make their way to albums. Listening back to these gems we decided to launch a new series entitled Big Crown Vaults and the first volume features the music of Lee Fields & the Expressions. These tunes were cut during the Special Night & It Rains Love sessions. When you hear these tracks you can imagine how difficult some of these decisions were in the first place to leave them off the albums. 

Cover painting by Taha Clayton

all flavours streaming

https://smarturl.it/BigCrown_vaults_vol1

buy

https://leefieldsandtheexpressions.bandcamp.com/album/big-crown-vaults-vol-1-lee-fields-the-expressions

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

This is Quite Nice, Outa Australia I Believe.....Now on a 45 

Rick 🙂

Have to say that this is yet another example though of how the Amy Winehouse vocal style has become so pervasive among contemporary female urban / RnB / soul vocalists ... to the point where the vocal style has become a complete cliche ... it's reached the point now where a couple of bars into hearing a tune like this and you just roll your eyes and think "oh no, not again, another Amy imitator". The tune is pleasant enough but completely unremarkable ... like a 3rd rate out-take from Amy's Back To Black LP. Amy was great and a one of a kind but she's been gone almost a decade now and Back to Black was released 14 years ago. Where are all the vocalists trying to forge their own, original style ?

Not meaning to be negative, just trying to give some honest, constructive comment here, so please keep posting these new releases Rick , there have been some memorable ones on this thread 🙂

Social source share

13 hours ago, Sunnysoul said:

Have to say that this is yet another example though of how the Amy Winehouse vocal style has become so pervasive among contemporary female urban / RnB / soul vocalists ... to the point where the vocal style has become a complete cliche ... it's reached the point now where a couple of bars into hearing a tune like this and you just roll your eyes and think "oh no, not again, another Amy imitator". The tune is pleasant enough but completely unremarkable ... like a 3rd rate out-take from Amy's Back To Black LP. Amy was great and a one of a kind but she's been gone almost a decade now and Back to Black was released 14 years ago. Where are all the vocalists trying to forge their own, original style ?

Not meaning to be negative, just trying to give some honest, constructive comment here, so please keep posting these new releases Rick , there have been some memorable ones on this thread 🙂

You are not being Negative at all SUNNYSOUL  🙂 and i aggree with all your comments as you may be interested to know as that is why i didn't buy one myself, but thought some on here may like it, on the point of what you said we do seem to be Bombarded with lots of new Singles - LPs - CDs which are only Average or Very Sammy in vocal and Musical content (Not All) so don't Buy as much as i used too, and some of the prices of a lot of the New Stuff Seems to have Rocketed which nobody on here has Commented about which i have to say does surprise me

Rick  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Disapointing imo and bearing in mind the excellent debut 45 - not for me this time. 

Edited by Andybellwood
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2020 at 23:48, Sunnysoul said:

Personally I never got on with Amy's voice and found it irritating. But this single is gorgeous and the a side Look Around has a wonderfully subtle build from a very gentle downbeat start to a powerful and dramatic build towards the end. Been on my turntable everyday since it arrived!

Social source share

New Release from now and again records of unreleased tracks On Lp And CD By 'The Music Makers Band', The LP will Knock you back best part of £50 (and More) in the UK but the cd more affordable with extra tracks Some Extended/remixed, Love this Track "You Can Be" Instrumental Tasty Too, Play It & Love It... Rick

Edited by Rick Scott
spelling correction
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!