Articles: Motown Mansion Auction - Berry Gordy's Former Property 2017

Posted

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Berry had originally purchased the Detroit Mansion in 1967 but even though moving out to LA in 1972 he continued to own it until 2002, when he then sold it to the attorney Cynthia Reaves. In 2016 the attorney decided to sell the mansion and to clear...

View full article

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 4
  • Views 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

News/Article/Feature Highlight: Berry had originally purchased the Detroit Mansion in 1967 but even though moving out to LA in 1972 he continued to own it until 2002, when he then sold it to th

And here was I thinking, lucky me, I now own Berry’s copy of Camel Walk... When I won one of the batch, not too expensively I add, it came with a certificate of prior ownership so I did wonder how it

Posted

What strange stuff to leave behind?

Camel walk might ' have been ' rare, but it's not a record that gets you moving very much.

Nice house...

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

And here was I thinking, lucky me, I now own Berry’s copy of Camel Walk... When I won one of the batch, not too expensively I add, it came with a certificate of prior ownership so I did wonder how it came to be on the market. Now I know. Some of the copies that came up for sale later on were water damaged or scuffed I think. It is not one of the best sounds amongst the stable of labels but it sits nicely in the Motown related section of the collection. I wonder if Berry gave the release the Frank Wilson treatment and pulled all spare copies from circulation?

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I also got one of these Saundra Mallet 45s from the Gordy mansion (came with weird "certificate"), but bought it for the flip "gonna be hard times" - nice swayer for the lowrider set...

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Berry Gordy's Motown Mansion Up For Sale
    All About The Soul by Philly on Thu 28 May 2015
    • 3 / 814