Brady's In Preston - who knew and went ?

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I bought stuff from Brady's! It was the first time I experienced a "listening booth".  It wasn't the best record shop but was definitely one you visited. It seemed to be more popular for rock music   It was on the corner of Crystal House.  There was also House of Records and one called Eames (?) in the market and one in the Guildhall Arcade that also sold music systems, and John McKenzie's (that had music in the basement).   

Social source share

1 hour ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Oh and one on the bus station! Think it was called "Spin a Disc"???? Maybe???

Not a Lancashire native, but stuck down my new roots in the Tower town a few years back

I think you will like this though (after some googling) and the blues and soul attachment

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonsGotSoul/posts/who-remembers-spin-a-disc-run-by-paul-james-on-preston-bus-stationthe-place-for-/477718745640123/

bs231fe.pdf

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Roper Hall! I used to go there too!  I can't remember much about it now, but it was a popular club on Friargate in Preston.  And it WAS Spin-a-Disc. It was the tiniest record shop, but it was the "go to" place for all things soul.  It closed and became a ladies fashion shop. Not sure why. It was always full of people.  Or maybe it just seemed that way because it was so small 😂.  Thanks for dropping these into the thread!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert