Pete S

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That seller is a total jackass! I always wished that there was a way that listings like that could be removed. I remember that there used to be 2 or 3 pages of northern soul on eBay. As of today, there are 78! I always sort by highest price first, as I can't bear to wade through this garbage.

And yes, you're absolutely right! AMERICANS DO NOT GET IT! It drives me insane! Even the majority of people put on soul nights still don't get it. They need a compilation to tell 'em what it is. And if they're a dealer, they need a list! :lol:

See one of my earlier posts about it, where I went off on people, below are my same sentiments:

If I went to a night around here, Out of 5 hours, I'd hear about an hour's worth of Small Faces, Creation, Yardbirds, etc., An hours worth of Jimmy McGriff, Willie Bobo, Kenny Burrel, Groove Holmes, Pucho & the Latin Soul Brothers, etc., An hour of really popular charted hit soul records like Aretha Franklin, Arthur Conley, Al Green, Stax, James Brown, etc. Then the remaining time might be obscure soul, but it would be things like King Coleman, Bethea the Maskman, Harvey Scales and really funky sounding stuff...probably all from the same three CD compilations. If I'm lucky, somebody will intersperse some actual northern soul for me to dance to-that is, if there is a dance floor not sticky with beer and filled with drunk morons who know f*** all about dancing. Don't get me wrong-I like, and in some cases love many of the things I just mentioned, but if I'm going out and wanting to dance to some northern soul, I don't want that experience. I'm not going to a fashion show to convulse on the dancefloor in a tight suit with a red stripe in my hand y'know? F**K THAT!

And the ONLY reason I'm planning on Vegas Shuffle is because I'm guaranteed REAL northern DJs from the UK. See all of you there!

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

First time I ever searched for 'northern soul ' on Ebay - there were 3 entries.  Not 3 pages, 3 entries.  Twas many moons ago.

link

"condition red", "rat race" and "joe 90"?

Sorry :) :dance:

best

Leo

Social source share

This American guy i spoke to yesterday gets it..have a look at www.vegasshuffle.net

Thats my summer holiday..Anyone else!

link

Spoke to the guy from Vegas again and said i would help him out with a bit of advertising over here..Good mix of dj from all over the world..Gonna do a road trip from the west coast...Can't wait....Check out the website..www.vegasshuffle.net

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

And yet ANOTHER American that REALLY REALLY doesn't get it:

Hey!... neither do some English either...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4065938105

"DJ Andy Smith Northern Soul Mix Promo CD - 25 Northern soul tracks mixed (mixed using vinyl only!)."

Words fail me... I had the misfortune of being at Parr Hall when a DJ mixed Laura Green with Frankie & the Classicals - I WOULD have been impressed if he's done it proper DJ-styley with his elbow or toes :lamsey:

post-320-1105600172_thumb.jpg

Social source share

You're right Pete a lot dont get it.  But what they do get (or think they get) is that Northern Soul = money  :angry:

link

My brother was given the Jades on white demo virtually for nothing by America, 20 odd years ago, never been out of his record box, that is no word of a lie.

Cheers Billy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!